I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

10/2, MotoCove

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 10/2, MotoCove

Post by juddspaintballs »

I should be on time, but there's a chance I'll be late. I'm working OT at a different station tomorrow and I'm not sure how early I'll get out of there Wednesday morning.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:51 pm I should be on time, but there's a chance I'll be late. I'm working OT at a different station tomorrow and I'm not sure how early I'll get out of there Wednesday morning.
No big deal. Just send me a text when you have an ETA.

Can do some short loops and come back to look for you.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Fun day out at the Cove. New guy Kevin did really well on his first offroad ride in many years.

However, his start of the day was auspicious

Luckily he saw as it fell off his hitchhauler.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Weather was decent. Didn't seem too hot in the shade of the trees.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Trail seems odd to me. Last year it was always so wet when I was there. A little dusty w/ dry leaves today.

A few tough spots. The pics make these look flat. It was NOT

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The dreaded rock garden on the Blue Trail.

Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Same rock garden. 50 yards of pain

Could you imagine NOT wearing any armor or helmet?

Awesome job Kevin. Hope you don't think I'm picking on you w/ pics of crashes. Honestly, you did great!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Bucho wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:26 pm Fun day out at the Cove. New guy Kevin did really well on his first offroad ride in many years.

However, his start of the day was auspicious

Luckily he saw as it fell off his hitchhauler.
:eyes:
Bruce
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

Don’t mind at all. Was going to do a little report of my own for site entertainment mostly. If anyone can suffer through it should be pretty funny.

First off, thank you to Phil for the invite and patience of a saint. Great guy as I’m sure most everyone on this site already knew and a good rider making most everything look easy.

As posted above, the shit show started even before I got to the trail. Rolling down 81 and I watch, seemingly in slow motion, my bike disappear from the rear view. It luckily did not reappear flipping down the highway. Got the truck stopped to find the bike hanging on and half a hand guard sanded away from road rash. Minus 1/2 hand guard but pretty DAMN lucky. My only explanation is one of the ratchet straps let go while underway letting the bike fall backwards? Everything original was still there just way loose. Muscle it back on the carrier and continue, with a puckered up ass you couldn’t push a pin through.

So I get to the Cove, with the bike! Bucho had just arrived and checked in, pay my fee and get checked in. Get parked and start to get the bike off. Like a jackass I pop the wrong strap off first and dump the bike directly off the carrier onto the ground. In my mind “I have just managed to make a complete ass of myself within the 1st 5 minutes of meeting this guy. After the hand guard story and my great unload job, wtf am I doing?” In Bucho’s mind i guess “wtf have I gotten myself into? Has this guy even been on a minibike? I should have stayed home.”

Get suited up and on the bikes. Easy little warmup trail, I’m sure Bucho needs to make sure I can actually ride the thing and maybe change a gear. Get through the 1st easy trail or so with a few rock no problem. I am noticing my front tire placement is terrible, hitting half the rocks I shouldn’t but get through it. Next couple trails get little harder with more rocks, I manage to flame out the bike no less than 8-10 times through the day and dump it on at least 6-7 of those. I did invest in armor and can say it is a great thing, took a few semi hard falls and never felt it.

We get further up the hills and get to a few rocky climbs that kicked my ass. Phil was awesome and took the bike through/up a time or two while I was gasping for air. Little did I know how bad shape I’m really in, dear lord! Fought back tapping out a couple times, LOL. Couldn’t make a guy drive hours to ride alone all day.

We made it through a good portion of the trails I think by 1:00 or so. I did tap out when he wanted to do a final small loop before getting home. All in all a fun and humbling day for me. After being off a bike for 25-30 years it’ll take a bit to get back to being a OK rider. Trip gave me a good idea of everything I need to work on though.

I guess if you can’t laugh at yourself you should probably just stay home. Hope you all like my report, flame on. I can take it, lol.
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

Bucho wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:33 pm Same rock garden. 50 yards of pain

Could you imagine NOT wearing any armor or helmet?

Awesome job Kevin. Hope you don't think I'm picking on you w/ pics of crashes. Honestly, you did great!
Hahaha, totally fine with it. That was pretty brutal for me at that point in the day. I did luck out and buy some pretty affordable armor from Rocky Mountain that made my day pretty awesome in hindsite. Took a few spills that would have really sucked with just a roost guard.