I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Interesting Fall off Colorado trail

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Interesting Fall off Colorado trail

Post by trialsrider »

2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Interesting Fall off Colorado trail

Post by Bucho »

trail doesn't look that narrow...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

That would be the Devil's Punchbowl. WF, BigBird, Space Ghost and I rode it as an easy dual sport ride on day 5 of our first trip to Crested Butte south. It was a nice change after 4 days of hard core single track. However, that section right before you get to the Crystal Mill was "interesting" enough that it got my heart rate up, at least riding a big dumb Honda 650.

I gotta say though, that should be the CLEANEST KTM 300 around after that washin...
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:03 pm That would be the Devil's Punchbowl. WF, BigBird, Space Ghost and I rode it as an easy dual sport ride on day 5 of our first trip to Crested Butte south. It was a nice change after 4 days of hard core single track. However, that section right before you get to the Crystal Mill was "interesting" enough that it got my heart rate up, at least riding a big dumb Honda 650.

I gotta say though, that should be the CLEANEST KTM 300 around after that washin...
Purely a noob rider. They drive jeeps on that road. That video is posted everywhere now and will soon have that area flooded with "tourists" needing a look. Once the snow sets in that should calm things down. Always wondered how deep the water was in those pools at the bottom, now if the water wasn't 33 degrees that would make a great swimming hole.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The rider said “it was pretty technical...”
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:02 pm The rider said “it was pretty technical...”
On a Harley... :killingme:
Anything can go south fast but this has to be a clear case of I want to be a dirt biker so bust out my credit card and buy the newest and best your credit limit can handle. Anyone that has ridden any amount and at a location with such a high price to pay would have the clutch covered so things go wrong you pull the clutch and not grab a handful of throttle. He is DAMN luck for sure as where he went over is slide. Most locations along that "road" is a cliff and things would not have come out so well. I have ridden this road a few times and know it well. By him posting that video and it making the news you will now have a tourist destination and he will not be the last to go off the road.
Sorry but I have no time for jerks like that. The same kind of jerk that does not stay on the trail and posts videos of them riding "off trail"....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The first thing I thought when I saw it was, Dude, you looked where you didn't want to go, rookie mistake. Then I thought, why on earth would you post a video that shows you are an idiot and clearly caused yourself to crash. I guarantee you he thought he'd get a bunch of "positive" feedback. The internet and narcissism, they go hand in hand!
Lots of cool bikes---