I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Street helmets

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Street helmets

Post by B00ST00 »

What helmet is everyone using on the street? Replacing my Shoei rf1000 with a neotec 2. Feel like an old man going to a modular helmet but wanted something that was built for comms. I’d like to listen music but more importantly my wife wants to be able to talk to me while she’s riding on the back of the GS. I read a million threads and watched several reviews before deciding on the neotec.

Feel free to tell me it’s the wrong helmet because I can always return it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Street helmets

Post by Bucho »

Looks nice.

But I don't really ride on the street much anymore. My opinion doesn't count
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Bucho wrote:Looks nice.

But I don't really ride on the street much anymore. My opinion doesn't count
I’ve done less than 1000 street miles this season, hoping a new helmet and seat will motivate me to ride more.

juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I have a Klim TK1200 carbon fiber modular. It's lighter than most non-modular full-face helmets.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I don't think it's particularly important what brand/model helmet you've got so long as it fits well and is comfortable. There are some features I like to have for a commuter helmet: pinlock, drop down sunshield, and a quick release buckle but those are just preference. I've had a lot of brands: HJC, Shoei, Nolan, AGV, Scorpion, Klim, Bell, etc and fit is what makes the biggest difference.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

I had a Shoei RF-1000 and RF-1100, but they changed head shapes for the RF-1200 so I sent that helmet back. The Klim TK-1200 has pinlock (much bigger than the Shoei ones), a quick release buckle (a must anymore), a Transitions lens so it goes from clear to dark with sunlight. I think a drop-down sun shield just adds forward weight and bulk to the helmet. I have a Cardo PakTalk Bold headset installed in it for GPS and music and the occasional intercom function.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

juddspaintballs wrote:I have a Klim TK1200 carbon fiber modular. It's lighter than most non-modular full-face helmets.
I read some reviews on that helmet but decided on the Shoei. If it doesn’t fit well I’ll send it back and may try the klim.

B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Medium doesn’t fit well. I ordered a large. Guy at revzilla said it might be the shape of my head.

juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Which helmet?

I've been a medium across many brands. I wore a medium RF-900, RF-1000, and RF-1100. When I bought the medium RF-1200, Shoei had changed their head shape and it was no longer a good fit for me. I fit the medium Klim TK-1200 perfectly.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
B00ST00
DAMN Expert

Post by B00ST00 »

Neotec 2. Leo at revzilla suggested a scorpion if the large doesn’t fit. Really want to stick with a helmet that is set up for comms.