I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MAVT Mt Airy - July 14th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: MAVT Mt Airy - July 14th

Post by Laoch »

Hot. Fun. DAMN 1990 Beta does quite well. Needs a few tweaks.

:shrug:
You gotta ride to win and you gotta finish :lol2:

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Be nice to Ken... He braved the heat and made a loop. That first big downhill I just was thinking about Ken will not like this then the 2x10 stream crossings was perfect beginner level stuff...just a small price to pay for failure.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:53 am Be nice to Ken... He braved the heat and made a loop. That first big downhill I just was thinking about Ken will not like this then the 2x10 stream crossings was perfect beginner level stuff...just a small price to pay for failure.
I saw those boards and thought maybe I should just toss the bike in the creek now and avoid the fall. :killingme:

I would have gone for a second loop but the first 3/4 of the loop trail was an ass kicker and I was getting worn out just from the loop. :screwy:

Did well on sections 6, 7 & 8. I just stayed there and played. Tried the 3-line on section 6 until I mastered it.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

To be clear, I wasn't busting on Ken. Hell, my old Beta had a little trouble on those hills on the loop.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:21 am To be clear, I wasn't busting on Ken. Hell, my old Beta had a little trouble on those hills on the loop.
ya, ya, ya ... Go Air Force! Army pukes ... :freakey:

Those hills are where the electric motor really shined. Pure linear torque. :knary:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Rut Row wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 am

I would have gone for a second loop but the first 3/4 of the loop trail was an ass kicker and I was getting worn out just from the loop. :screwy:
The loop itself was kicking my butt too. Beginning the third loop I could feel myself starting to get tired. I could have happily just completed 3 loops. The fourth loop was hard.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:37 pm
Rut Row wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 am

The loop itself was kicking my butt too. Beginning the third loop I could feel myself starting to get tired. I could have happily just completed 3 loops. The fourth loop was hard.
Bucho....come now. We had 70 year old guys riding 45 year old bike that never had good brakes or clutch from new and you were given a modern 150# bike with great clutch and brakes. We need to get you out more. You need to hang with my mountain bike retards....they went out for 2 more loop after the event and having a go on line #1 stuff :screwy:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:killingme: :lol2:

How about a mid-fifties guy on a 30 year old bike :deal:

Phil didn't look tired, he was getting better as the day got hotter.

BTW- that older guy-John?...won his class? I don't think he broke a sweat. :thumbup:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Boom Boom wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Bucho....come now. We had 70 year old guys riding 45 year old bike that never had good brakes or clutch from new and you were given a modern 150# bike with great clutch and brakes. We need to get you out more. You need to hang with my mountain bike retards....they went out for 2 more loop after the event and having a go on line #1 stuff :screwy:
Serious props to ALL those guys, especially the old ones. I was thinking during the competition that I was happy I had a modern bike!

I feel I'm in okay shape. But I'm just not used to standing all the time. Thats what killed me. I'm a big lazy sitdown rider on my dirtbike.

I'm very grateful to Bruce who met me on Friday to get some practice time in on his trials bike. He also gave me the bike till Sunday. So I also got to go out on Saturday and practice in my backyard. 15-20 mins at a time and my back was screaming. But I kept at it for most of the afternoon.
Without the above practice I think I would have died on Sunday...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 pm :killingme: :lol2:

How about a mid-fifties guy on a 30 year old bike :deal:

Phil didn't look tired, he was getting better as the day got hotter.

BTW- that older guy-John?...won his class? I don't think he broke a sweat. :thumbup:
LOL.. He has been riding for longer than you have been alive....keeps him young.
That is who I got the Fantic from. If you buy my Fantic you can also ride like him :killingme:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr