I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20 UPDATE

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Joker
DAMN Expert

Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20 UPDATE

Post by Joker »

All,

Just had my 06 crf250r, wife’s 01 drz250, and BIL 10+/- kxf450 stolen from our shed last night. Yes there were locks and you can see drag marks in the yard.

If you need pics I can post but most everyone has been to Barton rides and knows my bikes.

Please keep an eye out for my stuff and please keep a closer eye on yours as well.

James

SEE PAGE 2 FOR UPDATE
Last edited by Joker on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Sykesville Carroll county bikes stolen 6/20

Post by Bucho »

They should be hung like horse thieves in the old west
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Dang, sorry to hear that. I'll keep my eyes open. I'm sure you know this but you gotta up your security game or any future bikes will disappear too. That happened to me but I was very limited in what I could do then since we were renting.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Theiving bastards!!
Will keep our eyes open, for sure.

Did they cut lock with bolt cutters or something?

FWIW - i just added the Arlo home security wireless cameras. 1080p video. Pretty impressed so far, very pleased!
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Bucho wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am They should be hung like horse thieves in the old west
.. by their tiny balls
Every day is a good day when you ride
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

BamBam wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:11 pm Theiving bastards!!
Will keep our eyes open, for sure.

Did they cut lock with bolt cutters or something?

FWIW - i just added the Arlo home security wireless cameras. 1080p video. Pretty impressed so far, very pleased!
My BIL didn’t lock all the bikes together like he is supposed to so only mine was locked or they wouldn’t have been able to move them all. They rolled 2 and drug mine across the lawn.

I’m renting too. They are saying they won’t cover the bikes. I’m going to fight it as best I can. They will cover atvs and sxs since you can use it for property maintenance. Only cover bikes for liability. Im going to ask if they want pictures of me riding with a chainsaw, machete, and weed wacker as proof I use them for maintenance.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I may still have an in ground anchor for attaching a chain to (kryptonite stronghold, I think). If I can find it you can have it, assuming you'd be allowed to mount it to something (I think you could get creative). I bought it to secure the 2nd bike after the 1st was stolen but stupidly bought the bike before doing anything with the anchor so bike #2 was stolen too.

Here's hoping the insurance works out. Mine were street bikes with full coverage so I didn't have to worry about the renter's insurance covering them. This is what my stolen bike #1 looked like after spending a week in a creek near urbana, it was brand new:
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Thanks for the other on the mount. Insurance won’t pay out and we just bought our house and sunk all our money into. Looks like no bike for a while...
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

A lot of motorcycle dealerships won't keep dirt bikes on the showroom floor anymore. When I was shopping recently they had to bring them over from a warehouse and showed them by appointment. When I bought my WR250R in PA, the whole front of the dealership was plywood where someone had backed a truck through the store front and loaded up over a dozen dirt bikes. The Honda dealer in Crofton told me that 12 dealerships had been hit like that in the last several months. Hey, why work hard for a living and buy the things you want when you can just go and take them with really no chance of being caught? Summin' um batchin' ice holes. Makes me want to hide a GPS locator on my bikes.

Sorry to hear about your bikes. Post up photos but most likely they went to some inner city Baltimore gangs and none of us will ever see them.
Last edited by Twist on Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Twist wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:31 am I lot of motorcycle dealerships won't keep dirt bikes on the showroom floor anymore. When I was shopping recently they had to bring them over from a warehouse and showed them by appointment. When I bought my WR250R in PA, the whole front of the dealership was plywood where someone had backed a truck through the store front and loaded up over a dozen dirt bikes. The Honda dealer in Crofton told me that 12 dealerships had been hit like that in the last several months. Hey, why work hard for a living and buy the things you want when you can just go and take them with really no chance of being caught? Summin' um batchin' ice holes. Makes me want to hide a GPS locator on my bikes.

Sorry to hear about your bikes. Post up photos but most likely they went to some inner city Baltimore gangs and none of us will ever see them.
Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown was hit twice not long ago. Same deal - dirt bikes
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris