I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Lots of enduro posts for a DAMNed DS forum!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Lots of enduro posts for a DAMNed DS forum!

Post by Rut Row »

After all the b*tching about trials posts, there sure are a lot of enduro posts! :dirtdog:

:peep:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Lots of enduro posts for a DAMNed DS forum!

Post by Laoch »

I'm doing my best to get the DS thing going.
But some of us no longer own a DS bike :dirtdog:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:39 pm I'm doing my best to get the DS thing going.
But some of us no longer own a DS bike :dirtdog:
I own 2!

And, Junior approves of this post! I (personally) would love to see more true dual sport rides!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:39 pm But some of us no longer own a DS bike :dirtdog:
I do indeed! 1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler :shrug:

:angel:

project ... :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:56 pm
Laoch wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:39 pm But some of us no longer own a DS bike :dirtdog:
I do indeed! 1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler :shrug:

:angel:

project ... :lol2:
I need to see the scrambler....that year and bike is what my dad set me on and gave me a shove yelling let out the clutch. Burnt a loop around the house in the grass. Then came the how to get me stopped. I could just touch the pegs and touching the ground was not going to happen. A Honda scrambler would make a bad ass dirt road ride.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

My father had a honda 250 scrambler he used to tell me about. His sole transport a few summers when working out west as a forest ranger (late 60’s)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:47 pm I (personally) would love to see more true dual sport rides!
The true dualsports are a lot of fun.

All the trials and enduro are excellent training when taking our big, overweight, dualsport and adventure bikes offroad.

We arent lame ADVrider guys who make a big deal of taking their big bikes down a smoothly graded dirt road.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:03 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:47 pm I (personally) would love to see more true dual sport rides!
The true dualsports are a lot of fun.

All the trials and enduro are excellent training when taking our big, overweight, dualsport and adventure bikes offroad.

We arent lame ADVrider guys who make a big deal of taking their big bikes down a smoothly graded dirt road.
Hey, who you calling lame, yo! :duel:

A true adv rider is someone that takes their dual sport on a multi-day, multi-thousand mile ride bitches. No lame crawling around in the woods for an afternoon and then wrapping up the day cooking out with the neighbors. We sleep on the ground and get up and do it again tomorrow. OK, sometimes it's a smoothly graded dirt road but sometimes it's a high mountain pass at 13,000' over baby head to bowling ball sized rocks that is over 2,000 miles from where I left home on this ride.

Lame ADVrider... sheesh.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

At least we are out riding our bikes :killingme:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ha ha! I know you see my joking.

A few of us like to poke some fun at the ADVrider guys. Mostly it started from their “Tag” game. People would make a big fuss when someone placed a tag on a dirtroad. We decided they were lame.

If some ADV guy wants to have an uber nice BMW and never leave the pavement, I honestly dont really care, whatever.

I read your TAT ride report from a few years ago Twist, I know you are legit!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200