I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tires Tires Tires

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Tires Tires Tires

Post by juddspaintballs »

The Shinko 216MX fatty front and 505 cheater rear is my go-to combination right now.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 pm The Shinko 216MX fatty front and 505 cheater rear is my go-to combination right now.
Yes, I have the GoldenTyre Fatty front. Only one ride on it but its great so far.

I agree, Fatty front and 505 rear w/ tubliss low pressures are awesome.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Didnt like the fatty on the Beta, worked fine on the husky though.

I used to hate Dunlop tires but I really liked the Dunlop MX3S front but it is discontinued now. Just put a set of MX33 (updated version of mx3s) front and rear to start the racing season.

My spare rims cureently have an M59 front and a 505. I do like the 525 cheater a little bit better than the 505. Ibex rear works good too.

I need to sort out my used tire pile and post up the freebies that still have life in them one of these days.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Still have to grow up to the moment I'll feel the difference in tires :lol2:
At Granville's I felt the difference between DRZ vs KTM, but that also could've been the bike or the tire pressure. On a KTM is a newer Equilibrium with tubliss - Drz has older same tire with a tube.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

gots_a_sol wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:56 pm I need to sort out my used tire pile and post up the freebies that still have life in them one of these days.
How to get rid of old tires? I have some 5 or 6 lying around. A couple "maybe" could be usable.
Every day is a good day when you ride
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Nobody wrote: How to get rid of old tires? I have some 5 or 6 lying around. A couple "maybe" could be usable.
I chop them up in to small pieces so they cant hold water then they go in the work dumpster
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Nobody wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 pm How to get rid of old tires? I have some 5 or 6 lying around. A couple "maybe" could be usable.
I'm no tree hugger but I go the official route and take it to the local dump and pay the environmental fee. I used to have issues with this since I would go through too many tires (both street and dirt) per year based on what Maryland will accept (I think 5 tires a year?). Now that I've got 4 people in the household with driver's licenses I just take my wife or a kid with me to get rid of the extras (they track the number of tires per licensed driver).
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Years ago, Bucho had a dog that would eat them :lol2:

My trash guy takes mine. One per week, no limit and no fee. Silly Marylanders :deal:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

I need to empty my van of plastic plates and cups before next trip to Ken's.....Crazy no plastic MD law. Made the "stupid news" here in PA.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:23 pm I need to empty my van of plastic plates and cups before next trip to Ken's.....Crazy no plastic MD law. Made the "stupid news" here in PA.
They will have to pry my styrofoam cups out of my cold dead hands! :dirtdog:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris