I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Fixing XR650L

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Fixing XR650L

Post by J&J » Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Didn’t make the Greenridge today, opted to stay closer to home due to the weather. Did make it out to the watershed & managed to put about 100 miles on. I think it’s roadworthy :thumbup:

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Sun May 06, 2018 9:33 pm

J&J wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm
Didn’t make the Greenridge today, opted to stay closer to home due to the weather. Did make it out to the watershed & managed to put about 100 miles on. I think it’s roadworthy :thumbup:
:thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Discless
DAMN n00b

Post by Discless » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm

I gots questions...
1. J&J, sweet pics and thanks for these... By the way, congratulations on your teardown and rebuild. Nice job! For the Jet-Hot coating, did you opt for the basic 1300 degree standard coating, or did you up the ante with the extreme coating?? Are these OE headers? Aftermarket? I currently have OE exhaust equipment on my BRP but recently acquired a new full system from XRs Only (stainless) and am considering a coating. Just looking for input from others.

2. Forum admins: On this thread, looks like the post-time-stamp went wacky; seem to go from March 2019 to May 2018?? Maybe it's just me but I typically don't start drinking until after 5...
Discless
'15 XR650L
'16 300XC
'05 VFR800

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Discless wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:53 pm
2. Forum admins: On this thread, looks like the post-time-stamp went wacky; seem to go from March 2019 to May 2018?? Maybe it's just me but I typically don't start drinking until after 5...
yup - that's what happens when a thread is old and new posts are added! :screwy:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 am

Hey Discless,
The stock exhaust header can be seen on page 5. I did a little cleanup on the weld. You can see the Jet Hot on page 7 when I got it back. It is not genuine Jet Hot, I was looking to find someone fairly local & took it to a guy in Westminster who said his was the same thing. There is another guy here in Mt Airy who does a ceramic coating but his isn't polished. I don't think it really does much for performance but looks good & cleans up easily. Not sure I would spend the money to coat a stainless one. I have put a couple thousand miles on it & the pipe has discolored a little right at the head but still looks way mo better than the stock rusty pipe. :thumbup: