I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

WATR Members

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
John F
DAMN Expert

WATR Members

Post by John F »

I've posted here a few times but haven't had the chance to meet any DAMN riders yet. I just started off-road riding again this year after a 40 year hiatus, and have a KTM 300 XC. I live on Kent Island, and the only place that's anywhere near close is Wicomico at about 1 1/2 hours away. There is the Landing in Easton, but my MX days are long gone. All the places in VA and PA are at least 3 hours. So, the riding group I'm in, which out of the 6 of us is usually me and another guy on any given weekend that I have time, have gone to Wicomico every time but our one trip to AOAA and twice to the Landing. The WATR area is about 2 hours away. I think I'd like to join WATR--looks like a nice place and more riders to ride with--but would really like to try it out. If any WATR member here wants to let me tag along as a guest some time, that'd be great.

John
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: WATR Members

Post by Bucho »

Dang man, you live pretty far out there. Makes it tough for day trips.
In the spring when the weather isnt so terrible some overnight trips would make the drive easier (or at least break it up).

Sorry, Im not a WATR member
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I had to google Kent Island :eyes:

Yikes.
Bruce
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Yeah, its a hike to get to a place to ride. The upside is I get to fish...a lot. Looks like another trip to Wicomico this Sunday. Weather looks pretty good.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

You're 3 hours from the RAC (FRO), that's only 15 minutes further than I drive to get there. It's totally worth it, IMHO.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Does RAC (FRO) = Reading Anthracite Co? How does that compare with AOAA? I just watched the RAC video on Riderplanet. It's a lot easier to pick a bike back up than turn over a flipped jeep.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

John F wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 pm Does RAC (FRO) = Reading Anthracite Co?

Yes. Website: FRO
John F wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:34 pmHow does that compare with AOAA?
I have been to both. Other than they are both in PA and its rocky, they are not much alike. AOAA is wide open jeep roads and quad trails, we could not find any single track nor has anybody else I know of. FRO has tons of single track;.... if you know where to look.

SJ
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

FRO is also open 365 days dawn to dusk with "almost" no rules. Multiple parking areas. Makes for a good long day trip. They are supposed to be working on camping. Or you could camp at nearby state parks (in season).
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

The RAC is rocky? :shrug:

:peep:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:51 pm The RAC is rocky? :shrug:

Just a little! The real hazard is steep down hills that have a few rocks that throw your bike down on top of you when you a laying on your back at the bottom.

:peep:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike