I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New member - pleasure to meet you all!

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: New member - pleasure to meet you all!

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:18 pm Its not really ideal but I will dirtride in below freezing temps. The first 10-15 minutes is cold but then you are working and soon will be sweating. I usually wear the same gear and maybe just heavier gloves and a neckwarmer to start with.
Faster road and dirt road riding not so much. Anything 50 degrees and above is decent. It depends on how bad I want to ride and sometimes I will ride street ride in the 40's and 30's.

Gaijin, I know its a haul but I hope you will come out to one of our rides at Taskers or the MotoCove. Or with warmer weather there is some nice dirt road stuff from in Frederick County and north up into Michaux (a few tiny offroad pieces).

Check your private messages.
Yeah, remember the time we rode at the Cove and our camel backs froze? Good times! :screwy: :hi5:

Welcome new guy! Looking forward to riding wichya!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

One particular thing the wr250r (or the supermoto version that I've got, wr250x) has going for it is a huge stator output (350w). It'll run my electric jacket and gloves without a hitch. By comparison my 690 enduro R makes less than 200w. I put an LED headlight bulb in that bike so I could at least use the electric gear on the highway (where electrical output is higher).

I've also got some battery powered heated gloves but they are too bulky for me to use off road (I've got tiny little girl hands).
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Hello new guy. I'm not far from you up in Pylesville. I've been here about 2 years but still haven't found any good trails nearby. Currently DS'less but there are a good bit of unpaved roads around here to play on.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 am

Yeah, remember the time we rode at the Cove and our camel backs froze? Good times! :screwy: :hi5:

Welcome new guy! Looking forward to riding wichya!

Ha ha! Yes I do.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200