I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Speedometer comparisons and suggestions (Trail Tech)

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
DINGO

Speedometer comparisons and suggestions (Trail Tech)

Post by DINGO »

Has any used or is using a Trail Tech computer "Vapor", "Vector", or " Endurance" unit? If so, how do you like it and how has it held up so far?

I am stuck between the Vapor and the Vector for my CRF450X right now. It's one of the last things I need to make it legal. I will mainly be riding on trails and dirt roads, and very rarely seeing the pavement with this bike (only when an event calls for it). Thanks!
Roadracer_Al

Re: Speedometer comparisons and suggestions (Trail Tech)

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I put a Vapor on my DRZ. Works fine, it's a tiny bit fussy to install, but nothing overwhelming.

I like it. You might want to get the dashboard, it will give you the idiot lights. That will be a PITA for you to install since you won't have a factory wiring harness to tap into.

I've had mine since June, held up fine, although I haven't beat the hell out of it off-road yet.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

I have a TT - works great except at night - with mine I have to hit a button to get it back lite and it doesn't stay lit for that long.. i putted my bulb that shows when the bike it on and made my own running light..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

The backlight should stay on full-time if it's connected to an external power source. Yours might be running on internal battery power.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Im running the baja designs analog speedo and I think its great, works everytime, only needs power and ground for the backlight, and connects to the factory speedo cable that you already have and was only like 60 bucks.
Also comes with a nice little mountin bracket, just an option other than a bicycle computer :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

End up getting the Trail Tech Vapor and have been pretty happy with it. Took one evening to set it up. Kinda handy having the water temp warning and danger lights.