I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Advice Needed on Places to Ride -

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
John F
DAMN Expert

Advice Needed on Places to Ride -

Post by John F »

I just started riding with a few guys this year after a long layoff. We've ridden at the Landing in Easton (MX practice track), and Wicomico (MX track and a woods loop). We live around/close to Annapolis, MD. Me and another rider went to AOAA on Sunday. It was about a 3:15 drive for us, and it was pretty good. Really rocky. I had never ridden in rocks like that. We rode all over the eastern side, and it was pretty cool. Anyway, we're looking for another place to try. Hopefully, one a little less rocky, but we'll try whatever. We don't want to go to a place that only has an annual fee (is the place in Reading like that?), since we live so far away.

Any advice on another place? Mountain Ridge? Taskers? Any advice would be great. It's a really long day for us, and it'd be great to have an idea about what we're in for.

Thanks-

John
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Advice Needed on Places to Ride -

Post by Laoch »

Hahahaha. Learn to like rocks and you can ride more places. Just soften up the clickers and go.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Most places around here are fairly rocky. Or at least have rocky sections. I completely understand that the rocks are very difficult and can be scary (here are there I've seen some nasty injuries falling in the rocks). Having properly set up suspension goes a long way to making it a little easier to do rocks. Unless you are riding really fast, softer is nice.
But most of all, try to just have a positive attitude about rocks. Don't be swearing to yourself and constantly telling yourself "I hate rocks, these rocks suck, etc..."

I understand your concerns about paying an expensive annual fee for anywhere. Its great if you can ride there consistently 1-2 a month but I usually can't.

I like the MotoCove and MtRidge though I wish each day pass was slightly cheaper. I also like Tasker's Gap and the $5/day permit is priced right!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I'm OK with the rocks, just not my favorite. We rode through them. A lot. My friend loved them. Made for interesting climbing. All good. Maybe it'll be Mt. Ridge next time. Thanks.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

My choice would be Mt Ridge, lots of trails, different stuff to ride. I've never been bored at Mt Ridge or run out of trails.
Bruce
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Thanks. Next big trip will be Mt Ridge
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Let us know when you are going.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk