I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD Motorcycle Inspection Requirements

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Re: MD Motorcycle Inspection Requirements

Post by jgreene »

Print the requirements, take them them with you, and ask the shop to show you where the requirement is written. I did this when getting a KTM inspected. Every time they mentioned an issue, I pulled out the regulations and said show me. Finally the inspector just gave up and passed it.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
N3YMY
DAMN n00b

Post by N3YMY »

Shockingly it passed :loveit:

Now to sort the absurdly stiff suspension :whip:
2013 DR 650
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

N3YMY wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:42 pm Shockingly it passed :loveit:

Now to sort the absurdly stiff suspension :whip:
Nice! I think having my dirtbike street legal is worth the hassle for those few times when I'm on a road.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Can someone PM me the name/location of an inspection station that takes into account the fact that you'll never be riding your plated two stroke on the road for very long and that turn signals and horns are going to fly off in the woods anyway so why should they bother being installed in the first place? I love my local shop, but the guy is a stickler and I'm in a rush and they're closing for 10 days this weekend so if there are any issues I can't do the back and forth.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

In PA, hand signals are legal.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:50 am In PA, hand signals are legal.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
In Florida.... there is no inspection! :deal:

Hell, most of my vehicles have never even been to Florida! :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

MD doesn't require turn signals although turn signals are on the inspection form. I carry a little piece of paper in my wallet with the law on it in case I get pulled over.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Marylander wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:43 am MD doesn't require turn signals although turn signals are on the inspection form. I carry a little piece of paper in my wallet with the law on it in case I get pulled over.
if the bike came with turn signals they are required for inspection. Same for the chain guard.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:44 am Can someone PM me the name/location of an inspection station that takes into account the fact that you'll never be riding your plated two stroke on the road for very long and that turn signals and horns are going to fly off in the woods anyway so why should they bother being installed in the first place? I love my local shop, but the guy is a stickler and I'm in a rush and they're closing for 10 days this weekend so if there are any issues I can't do the back and forth.
I doubt you will find anyone unless the shop owner knows you well.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:03 am if the bike came with turn signals they are required for inspection. Same for the chain guard.
Oh, yeah. I wouldn't go in for inspection without every detail taken care of myself. I'm not too argumentative either so Jim's approach wouldn't work for me. :huh: