This is what you do with new bikes, right?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: This is what you do with new bikes, right?

Post by Laoch » Tue May 15, 2018 10:31 am

gots_a_sol wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:38 pm
juddspaintballs wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:33 pm

BBQ a little close to the siding?
I was wondering how long until somebody caught that :dry: Ugh, roommates...
Trained FF eyes :deal:
We were looking at the pretty bike :lol2:
Bruce
2016 Freeride/'03 KLX 400/'13 CB500X

gots_a_sol
DAMN Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol » Mon May 21, 2018 10:35 pm

So put about 30 miles this weekend between the reunion then Taskers the next day. I'm definitely liking the extra oomph from the 250 over my Husky. It does weigh a little bit more but nothing too crazy (I'll scale it eventually).

Ergos are good, although I swapped bars right off the bat to my preferred bend. Seat is terrible and has no grip. DAMN near slid off the back on the first slight incline :shrug:

Upon arrival at Mountain Ridge. Last time it'll ever look this fresh and clean :lol2:

So I wanted to give the Sachs forks a fair shake. They were OK at MR but were absolutely brutal at Taskers. I ran the clickers in and out from closed to open but just couldn't find a happy place with them. I eventually gave up on the trail and bailed out on to the forest road that parallels the trails as my hands were destroyed. I've NEVER had to do that before. :dry:

Everybody is very hush hush on shims stacks for these forks unfortunately. Also they use an uncommon shim size with a 7mm ID. I have a race this weekend so I don't have time to send them out which means the Husky done lost her legs today :lol2:

Bye bye

KYB's, just like god intended all bikes to have :killingme: The Husky version of these forks bolts straight in to the triple clamps (yamaha versions need either a custom upper triple clamp or turned down 2mm to fit the oem) and I used the Beta wheel, axle, and spacers. I just had to adjust the spacers a bit on the lathe. Also used a brembo caliper since it bolted right on.

I need to tweak the valving in the shock a bit also but the Husky uses nearly the same Sachs shock so I have a decent idea of what to do there already.
-Joe

'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177

Marylander
DAMN Poohba

Post by Marylander » Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 pm

I wonder if you would have liked the OC forks on the standard RR better (although I expect the KYBs, which of course have a somewhat legendary rep, would still have found their way onto the bike eventually).

Let me know if you'd like to try a seat concepts low seat...

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Wed May 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Nice work Joe! Poor Husky. It was a different ride from the 300 for sure but I didn't ride it enough to get a feel for the suspension. Really nice bike though! It's got Skinny-J's name written all over it!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.