I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

NEPG national enduro

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

NEPG national enduro

Post by gots_a_sol »

I did my first national this weekend, Dragon's Back Enduro in VA.

It was looking to be a dust bowl as all the rain went north and the track got nothing. First rows went off at 9 am. About 9:15 a thunderstorm rolled over and dumped on us until about 9:45. I was on row 50. Yay. Just the transfer to get to the first test was an ice rink with bikes dancing all over the place. My buddy who was on row 91 said the 1st/2nd tests were worse yet even with time to dry out because it was so hammered by then.

I thought I rode like total butt. Well so did everybody else apparently as I ended the day 5th in C 30+. Looking over the names in my class, I beat all the guys from the VCHSS that I normally race against. Woot.

After my gopro failed to work at the last hare scramble, I picked up a Hero 5 session. My biggest gripe with the normal sized gopro is the weight on the chin bar would pull my helmet down. With the session it is far less of an issue so I'll probably start running video again. Only down side is short battery life and they can't be swapped out like a standard gopro.

Anyway, here are tests 1, 2, and half of 3.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: NEPG national enduro

Post by Marylander »

Very cool. Did it feel more 'serious' than ECEA events? Is that VCHSS kind of terrain?
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Marylander wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:14 pm Very cool. Did it feel more 'serious' than ECEA events? Is that VCHSS kind of terrain?
Folks did seem more impatient/rude at this race than the last few ECEA enduros I've done.

This property holds the first two VCHSS races every year. A lot of the second test was reused trail from one of the hare scrambles. They did have some harder stuff mixed in too. Then again it may have just seemed harder because it was covered in snotty mud :lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Highlights video from the series

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:
Cool Joe.

I bet your itching to get the Beta going.
Bruce
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Laoch wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:15 pm
I bet your itching to get the Beta going.

Yea, it is sitting on the stand taunting me :lol2:

I'm close to having back together. Hopefully I can do a shake down run somewhere on Saturday.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nice Joe!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200