I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Delaware Enduro April 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Delaware Enduro April 29th

Post by J&J »

Well that’s how it starts, then you fall in the mud & mess up your gloves :lol2:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

I've used these---> https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/94 ... -Mud-Grips

and ----> https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/15 ... oves?c=294

But then the pegs clogged up :lol2: Whatcha gonna do :shrug:

Good luck :thumbup:
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Laoch wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 amBut then the pegs clogged up :lol2: Whatcha gonna do :shrug:

The more aggressive pegs with the inserts in them stay grippy better in mud. This was the only reason I replaced the otherwise pretty good pegs on my beta (I already had a pair of aggressive pegs leftover from another bike that didn't take much work to fit).
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Marylander wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:06 am
Laoch wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 amBut then the pegs clogged up :lol2: Whatcha gonna do :shrug:

The more aggressive pegs with the inserts in them stay grippy better in mud. This was the only reason I replaced the otherwise pretty good pegs on my beta (I already had a pair of aggressive pegs leftover from another bike that didn't take much work to fit).
:lol2: Ohh I know that, I just didn't get different pegs, (yet). That DAMN Jersey sand is like concrete when it packs in.
Bruce
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Need some urgent help guys.... the rider instructions include this:
"It is the rider’s responsibility to carry his scorecard on the front fender of his motorcycle according to ECEA rules. The card should be placed with the top nearest the handlebars. If you do not use a card protector, tape the card in such a way as to have the check numbers for each slot visible. Inspection at the start will include a check for proper placement of the card. We use the plastic-enclosed NCR type with cardboard backing. In the case of rainy weather, please try to provide for keeping the card clean and relatively dry to facilitate scoring you at the checkpoints."

Is there some card holding thing I am supposed to have? What size is the card if I had to find something clear to hold it?

And then it talks about gas stops:
"All riders will need sufficient gas for approximately 62 miles of road and trail, 31 miles each time around the same course. There will be one Gas Available open to pit crews at approximately 22 miles in each loop. No gas truck will be used for this gas available. The main Gas is back at the start at the end of the first loop."

Not sure how far I can make it on a tank of gas. Should I bring two cans and leave one at the 22 mile point, and top off again at the main 31 mile stop?

They say there is no gas truck... so how do I get my gas cans to either spot? Should I figure that I have to drive them there myself before the race begins???
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Duct tape

I would expect a kdx to be able to do the whole thing without refueling but I would still fill up between laps.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Marylander wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am Duct tape

I would expect a kdx to be able to do the whole thing without refueling but I would still fill up between laps.

x2
Bruce
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Marylander wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:56 am Duct tape

What he said.

I have a pic where you kinda can see the score cards been taped on the front fender.
Every day is a good day when you ride
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

OK, good to hear !! Just bring duct tape, and leave my gas can at the start for a refill at the end of first total loop 31 mile mark. If the bike runs out of gas prior to that, I'll consider it a 'sign' that I am done. lol

So now can we talk about this route sheet and the secret codes? My guess is the mileage markers with L or R means turning left or right, and BT means blacktop, and TR means trail? If that is the case, it doesn't seem like much trail.

What happens at the 21.8 mile mark... is that a super difficult “hero” section (with an option to skip it)??
And what happens at 30.5? Is that a railroad track?

Man, I knew it. I’m gonna get lost.... :barf:
Attachments
Route Sheet.png
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

There will be a whole bunch of not only riders ahead of you, but RACERS who will churn the track up. It will not be a mystery as to where the trail goes...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200