I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

There might be a good reason to own a Harely

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

There might be a good reason to own a Harely

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:31 am
I'm with you. The "big" oset is really, really tempting. I think I'm short enough that it would fit me just fine and it's half the cost of other options. Even if it's a little small I've had a ton of fun on our ttr125 (and would take it trail riding if I had a skid plate on it, I should get one).
The OSET 24.0 looks to be a decent size. Much better for you than me. My extra weight counts against me much more on these electric bikes.
I'm fairly pleased just playing w/ my kid's little OSET on flat ground. (My weight is too much for it on steep hills)
I'll bring it along when I come to the DAMN reunion and you can play w/ it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: There might be a good reason to own a Harely

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:54 pm The OSET 24.0 looks to be a decent size. Much better for you than me. My extra weight counts against me much more on these electric bikes.
I'm fairly pleased just playing w/ my kid's little OSET on flat ground. (My weight is too much for it on steep hills)
I'll bring it along when I come to the DAMN reunion and you can play w/ it.
Hmm, I might not be as light as you think. The 24.0 has a 1400W motor while the 12.5 racing has a 600W motor. If I end up getting one I'll make sure to get my due diligence done to ensure it'll be ok for me. It's too bad the market is so new that there's not much competition yet.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Here's another one....

And never mind the electric, where are they riding?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Pretty cool!
FYI, JT motosports is a dealer for Alta. I happened to stop by the other week and they had two Alta bikes. A street/motard and a dirtbike. One of the salesguy (I know, he is a sales guy), was pretty positive about the bikes. His biggest complaint is the MX bike is really more of a trail bike. Said the suspension is too soft for big jumps. But it has plenty of power according to him.
Though personally, I still like the more trialsy type bikes from EM or the lower budget OSET.

Looks like Pacific NorthWest. My buddy is stationed at Fort Lewis near Seattle. The riding pics he sends me look like those places. According to him they have lots of nice well maintained trails only an hour outside of town.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

I am more than happy with my Alta Redshift MXR. The bike is badass. My buddy Phil at JT hooked it up. I actually own the first one sold to the public. Bike truly is amazing.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

drtjumper wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:50 pm I am more than happy with my Alta Redshift MXR. The bike is badass. My buddy Phil at JT hooked it up. I actually own the first one sold to the public. Bike truly is amazing.

Whoa! You have one! We want to ride it!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200