I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Saturday Ride 04/14

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: Saturday Ride 04/14

Post by Nobody »

The Marylander's trail beat the shit out of me today. It was harder than first time riding it :lol2:

But went down just once. Hopefully the bike is fine as it fell on me :lol2:

After we met up with Tom and had a good riding. Tom says brakes are overrated so he lost his front pads on the trail, removed the caliper and went on riding. About the same pace or sometimes even faster than before. A Monster :lol2:

First warm ride this year :thumbup:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

It was good meeting and riding with you Janis. After you left I went over to Peter's Mill trail to check out the camp ground. I stayed on the easy side(left). Still had a good ride. Fast and flowy with hundreds of thousands of baby heads(rocks) and a bunch of Jeeps. I found the lot at the end of the trail but never found the camp sites. I'll have to check my GoPro and see if I have anything worth sharing. And get some front brake parts. :cheers:
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Nobody wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:22 pm It was harder than first time riding it :lol2:

Hopefully the bike is fine as it fell on me :lol2:

First warm ride this year :thumbup:
Funny how trails can be harder some days

I protect my bike in that way often

Great day today for us too. Jacob & I put 120 miles on the Harley’s. Shoulder is not ready for dirt but street is ok :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Damage Inc. wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:10 pm It was good meeting and riding with you Janis. After you left I went over to Peter's Mill trail to check out the camp ground. I stayed on the easy side(left). Still had a good ride. Fast and flowy with hundreds of thousands of baby heads(rocks) and a bunch of Jeeps. I found the lot at the end of the trail but never found the camp sites. I'll have to check my GoPro and see if I have anything worth sharing. And get some front brake parts. :cheers:

Towards the far end there is a (narrow?) quad trail that leads to the campground. I think it is marked but its a very small sign.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Damage Inc. wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:10 pm I found the lot at the end of the trail but never found the camp sites.
:cheers:
I was wondering the same recently - if it's possible to camp there and what's around. I once rode that road too and saw some campers towards the end, but I guess the real campsites are somewhere else.
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

The camp ground is primitive only so It's probably just a clearing some fire pits and a shitter... As far as stuff to do in the area think we pretty much did that yesterday.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Removing some unnecessary parts from the bike

Right click - Open image in new tab to see it in full size.