I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 11, 2018

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: Greenbriar Enduro - Sun March 11, 2018

Post by Nobody »

Just remembered that someone asked me about my roll chart holder during the race.
Here's what I have
Every day is a good day when you ride
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Roll chart holder.... Was there a picture??
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 pm Roll chart holder.... Was there a picture??
There's a well hidden link under the word "Here's" :deal:
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Ahhhhh, double secret!

For my first race, maybe I just need a laminated 3x5" card. Not sure I will make it far enough on the map to have to ROLL anything. Ha!
2001 Honda XR 200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:05 am Ahhhhh, double secret!

For my first race, maybe I just need a laminated 3x5" card. Not sure I will make it far enough on the map to have to ROLL anything. Ha!
:killingme:
I didn't use my either. And I did finish the race. My speedo thought it a good time to exhaust it's battery and on every ignition off I got time and distance reset. Tried to understand the location on the rollchart a couple of times on the second part of the race. Unsuccesfully :lol2:
Many distance marks I noticed just by peripheral vision and could only guess what was written on them :lol2:
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Ok, about the Greenbriar.... You guys know I didn't finish right?

I hadn't ridden since I had surgery last fall & was really feeling out of shape. Well I pretty much sucked all day & made it through 8 checks dragging ass. Somewhere after that there was a pretty nice fast flowing section & I was cooking along feeling like I was getting into the flow. (was never feeling it all day) Anyway I clipped a tree with my left shoulder.... HARD....

Well I was having visions of a previous shoulder surgery on the other one a few years prior.... not good. I got up & could move it all around, a good sign. So I got back on & thought I could maybe shake it off & push through. Rode another couple miles & it wasn't shaking off. It hurt like hell & I decided I had to bail. I didn't want to risk hurting it worse so I found a way out to the road & back to the truck.

And now for the rest of the story.... What I didn't want to share until I knew I was going to be ok, finally, is that I broke it. :frustrated:
Small non displaced fracture in the bone where the shoulder blade comes to a point at the top behind my shoulder.
It has been 4 weeks now & I am just now starting to be able to get most range of motion back. It has been really painful to move my arm & I have been worried about a muscle tear or something more serious.

Anyway I'm thinking I'll be ok in another few weeks (Doc initially said to check back in 6 weeks) I'm too old for this crap, need to be able to work (with both arms) Maybe I need to stick to riding slow....

Nope!

Enough pissing & moaning I'm really jonesing to ride. :lol2:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

J&J wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:38 pm

And now for the rest of the story.... What I didn't want to share until I knew I was going to be ok, finally, is that I broke it. :frustrated:
Small non displaced fracture in the bone where the shoulder blade comes to a point at the top behind my shoulder.
It has been 4 weeks now & I am just now starting to be able to get most range of motion back. It has been really painful to move my arm & I have been worried about a muscle tear or something more serious.

Anyway I'm thinking I'll be ok in another few weeks (Doc initially said to check back in 6 weeks) I'm too old for this crap, need to be able to work (with both arms) Maybe I need to stick to riding slow....

Nope!

Enough pissing & moaning I'm really jonesing to ride. :lol2:

Bummer, sorry to hear that J. Sucks to get hurt.

Last August I twisted my knee really bad at the ThreeSprings race and the spring before I broke some ribs at the Greenbriar. Probably just bad luck but it has soured me a little. I may not do any this year.
Just go ride!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

DAMN dude! I thought you where a little off that day. Glad to hear you're on the mend! Stay in good shape this summer, don't f_ck up the Colorado trip!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

DAMN - are you trying to scare me away !??!??!
I am old, and brittle like a potato chip.
2001 Honda XR 200
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

BamBam wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:02 am DAMN - are you trying to scare me away !??!??!
I am old, and brittle like a potato chip.
The Delaware trees are softer than the NJ ones, you'll be fine :thumbup:

:lol2:
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0