I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Delaware Enduro April 29th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Delaware Enduro April 29th

Post by BamBam »

Any more thoughts on this Delaware Enduro event? I am so not ready, but so willing to give it a try. At least until I hour out and learn some things....
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Delaware Enduro April 29th

Post by Laoch »

Come out to Granville's. It will be great enduro training. We will can even set up checks for you :lol2:
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

BamBam wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:44 pm Any more thoughts on this Delaware Enduro event? I am so not ready, but so willing to give it a try. At least until I hour out and learn some things....
It's like anything else, you'll never do it if you wait until you're "ready" or "competitive" or whatever. Might as well get out there. ;) I've still got that roll chart holder if you still want it.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Delaware is a good run. They don't run the sluice anymore I believe, that used to be a ball buster! It starts off easy then when you drop into the rocks, BALL BUSTER TIME!

Lots of cool bikes---
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Looks like a hell! Was it for all classes? If it's long I'd spend there half a day, die and get disqualified :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

That SLUICE run looks ridiculous..... I can barely get down my paved driveway if its wet!!! What am I going to do? Do they offer a D-class alternate route when you hit this A-class stuff?
2001 Honda XR 200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I agree w/ Marylander, (try to be ready), but at some point you just have to give it a try.

Just dont be like a certain DAMNrider and forget to bring a camelback/water. That almost killed him.

Have you ridden all the single track at MtRidge? That has a few gnarly spots, could be a little test.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

Do you think Deleware would be a good place to start?

Getting the bike properly jetted this week. Trying to get as much seat time as I can.

Hey Marylander, that extra roll chart you have would be great. Where can we meet up?
2001 Honda XR 200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

BamBam wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:31 pm Do you think Deleware would be a good place to start?

Getting the bike properly jetted this week. Trying to get as much seat time as I can.

Hey Marylander, that extra roll chart you have would be great. Where can we meet up?
Looks like you really want to try. Then just go for it and don't worry much. :cheers: The only thing you can lose is your high self-esteem if you have it :lol2:
The hardest is to endure. Well, it is an enduro race, right? :deal: Have enough water. Have tools/materials to fix a flat. Probably a bar or two to eat during a break if you are lucky enough to have one.
I wouldn't worry much about times and points in the first race, but if you can keep an eye up on to the rollchart, would be great. Won't lie I had some expectations for my first race and surprisingly enough almost fulfilled them. If I counted the right way :killingme:
I rode one w/o a rollchart and in second my bikes computer battery went dead and was resetting time/distance on every IGN OFF/ON :lol2: . Anyway towards the end I tried to find the place on the rollchart where I'm at, but no luck. Most of the distance marks on a trail I only noticed with my peripheral vision and had no time to look at the distance written on it :lol2:

P.S. At this date I would choose a Joker's camp and ride over any race though :angel:
Every day is a good day when you ride
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

For me this is a BUCKET LIST item that I've been carrying since 1983.
Now the reality is setting in. And the goal is being scaled back to just showing up for an enduro and seeing how far I can go before collapsing, crashing, or houring-out. The initial bar is set for me at 20 miles. I just don't want to be "that guy" lost in the woods and needing a search party. Ha! (but seriously, yeah that is a concern)

I just need to figure out WHICH enduro should be my first attempt?? Seems the early season races like Delaware might be easier terrain for a first attempt, compared to later season PA rock runs. The only downside is that early season means less seat time prior. Is this a good first-ever race now that the Sluice is gone? Or does every race throw in some crazy impossible obstacle to spice things up?

On the difficulty scale, with Tough Like RORR being a "10".... I am looking for like a "2" to start. From there I can see how I did and what more (or less) I should attempt. I just don't want to be an obstacle on the track for everyone else as I figure this out slowly. Would be great to have some fellow old/slow guys to line up with. I'd like to come home with both shoulders still functioning.

Anyone?? Bueller??? :cheers:
2001 Honda XR 200