I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

There might be a good reason to own a Harely

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

There might be a good reason to own a Harely

Post by Rut Row »

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: There might be a good reason to own a Harely

Post by Wingfixer »

Hardly. :lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Interesting.

I still wish Harley Davidson would use some of their big $$ to come up with something in the dualsport probably would be more ADV style with a Vtwin. I like the old black and white pics of guys riding enduros on 1200cc Harleys.
Maybe like a smaller (lighter weight) version of the liquid cooled Vrod.

Im sure its not the image they want and/or they wouldnt make enough profit to be worth the effort...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

I've never really been a fan of Sportsters but these guys almost made adventure bikes if you shorten the swing arm. :think:
Knobbies & dirtbike suspensions cool but.... still a couple hundred pounds too heavy :lol2:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:07 pm
Im sure its not the image they want and/or they wouldnt make enough profit to be worth the effort...
It's not image, they want to sell bikes like anyone else, but profit is a real issue with that group of bikes. Lots of competition and not a huge demographic that makes it worth it. They are investing alot of bucks into electric bikes now. Everyone is courting the millennials. They want GREEN stuff, frakin tree huggers!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:19 pm Lots of competition and not a huge demographic that makes it worth it. They are investing alot of bucks into electric bikes now. Everyone is courting the millennials. They want GREEN stuff, frakin tree huggers!
I agree, the demographic is pretty small compared to cruiser bikes.

I'm actually glad they (and others) are putting money into electric bikes. I have no personal desire for an electric street bike. But having a quiet/stealth dirt/dualsport bike would be cool.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:05 pm I'm actually glad they (and others) are putting money into electric bikes. I have no personal desire for an electric street bike. But having a quiet/stealth dirt/dualsport bike would be cool.
I'm with you. The "big" oset is really, really tempting. I think I'm short enough that it would fit me just fine and it's half the cost of other options. Even if it's a little small I've had a ton of fun on our ttr125 (and would take it trail riding if I had a skid plate on it, I should get one).

I saw that yamaha has a electric trials concept bike that includes normal clutch action (to allow the serious trials guys to apply their clutch skills). Pretty cool.

For the electric street bike and car stuff I do wonder what impact all the chemicals they require will have. I'm not convinced they're more environmentally friendly but maybe just differently destructive... I dunno...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

next year an electric only trials area opens in my back yard :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris