I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2007 DRZ400E for sale or trade $3500

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2007 DRZ400E for sale or trade $3500

Post by Nobody »

jgreene wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:34 pm From what I have researched, the pay with a counterfeit money order. You give them the bike, and sometimes the money order is more than the asking price, and you refund the difference. Then you get a call from your bank stating that the money order is fake, and you also owe them the money.

I cannot say what is the best payment method, but in all of my adds, I state that it is an in person cash deal.
Thanks, so no money orders. Can they use a money order to pay through PayPal? One other guy was asking about PayPal. But also haven't answered yet after I suggested him to come in person.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Nobody wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:55 pm
jgreene wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm Scammer. You will get this same response with every craigslist add.
Ok, can you explain how the scheme works? Do they pay with something that can be withdrawn from their side? How to know if you're safe when someone wants to pay through PayPal which is very popular around here? In europe PayPal is already a red light about scammers, there you normally use a bank transfer :).
They will come back and say that they are out of town, or buying for their friend, etc. Then they will say they need to do a wire transfer or something like that. Note that they will not know what they are buying.

This is a textbook example of the CL scam.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Nobody wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm Thanks, so no money orders. Can they use a money order to pay through PayPal? One other guy was asking about PayPal. But also haven't answered yet after I suggested him to come in person.
Actually, a Postal Money Order or an Official Check (certified check) from a local bank is okay. Make them come in person to get it.

Your bike will sell locally without any issues.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Rut Row wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:55 pm
Nobody wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm Thanks, so no money orders. Can they use a money order to pay through PayPal? One other guy was asking about PayPal. But also haven't answered yet after I suggested him to come in person.
Actually, a Postal Money Order or an Official Check (certified check) from a local bank is okay. Make them come in person to get it.

Your bike will sell locally without any issues.
Thanks. If something unfamiliar comes up, I'll ask again :thumbup:
Every day is a good day when you ride