I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Neck Braces

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Neck Braces

Post by Rut Row »

wow - this explains a lot! thanks!

Let the record show that Kyler can indeed haul ass and not have to use a truck! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
slacktrack
DAMN n00b

Post by slacktrack »

Also, I noticed that Twigg Cycles in Hagerstown has both the GP ($$$) and Adv (budget) versions of the Leatt brace in stock, although the Leatt Adv on display was the smaller size.

Then again, I reckon Ken will probably spring for the KTM-branded Leatt GP at JT. So it will coordinate with his orange drink cup.
Dave
'89 Honda NX650
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

slacktrack wrote:Then again, I reckon Ken will probably spring for the KTM-branded Leatt GP at JT. So it will coordinate with his orange drink cup.
If you can't ride good, ya gotta look good! :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Glad everyone continued to have fun w/out me Sat night and Sunday.

Slacktrack, how was the dirt experience w/ the NX? Did they honestly take you for an easy newbie ride, or did Ken do to you what we did to him for his first offroad experience?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
gtop

Post by gtop »

If you decide on the Leatt consider buying it from RiderDown.org. http://www.riderdown.org/rdfstore/index ... 767abe659f.
slacktrack
DAMN n00b

Post by slacktrack »

Bucho wrote:Slacktrack, how was the dirt experience w/ the NX? Did they honestly take you for an easy newbie ride, or did Ken do to you what we did to him for his first offroad experience?
Honestly, Dawn and Ken (big thanks to both of you!!) each led me on some relatively safe newbie rides at non-terrifying speeds, for which I am grateful. Nothing too highly technical (i.e. jumps, ascent hills, side grades or log crossings), but some badly rutted roads, a few big puddles, and one colorful ditch crossing. Enough to keep me on my toes between the easier gravel road stretches. A little rear tire sliding here and there. I've gotta get more used to descending curves on loose surfaces.

I considered trying the easier portion of the ORV loop on Saturday, but discovered a problem when I took off my cheap-ass interim knee guards on Saturday afternoon:
Blisterrific_sm.jpg
Blisterrific_sm.jpg (83.12 KiB) Viewed 4256 times
Irony is when your only injury for the weekend is caused by your safety gear. Guess those Europeans don't have any calf muscles, 'cause I had the adjusters run out to max length and they were still tight on me. So I ended up with a perfect pattern of 1/4" blisters everywhere the padding was perforated, plus a few where the elastic wrapped around the back. And yes, I'm still treating them with expensive wound care supplies. Thanks, MX1West, for being back-ordered on the much nicer Acerbis guards I'd purchased before the trip (and yes, I did phone and ask if they were in stock before ordering). Anyway, the blisters were uncomfortable enough that I parked it and almost turned down an easy and very scenic route with Dawn and Dan that evening instead of bending ATGATT. Really glad I went though, because those two know where all of the gorgeous views are in that area!
Dave
'89 Honda NX650
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Too bad about your gear...
Glad you had fun.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

slacktrack wrote: Irony is when your only injury for the weekend is caused by your safety gear. Guess those Europeans don't have any calf muscles, 'cause I had the adjusters run out to max length and they were still tight on me. So I ended up with a perfect pattern of 1/4" blisters everywhere the padding was perforated, plus a few where the elastic wrapped around the back.
DAMN - that's a first! :screwy:
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

[quote="slacktrack"
So I ended up with a perfect pattern of 1/4" blisters everywhere the padding was perforated, plus a few where the elastic wrapped around the back. And yes, I'm still treating them with expensive wound care supplies. Thanks, MX1West, for being back-ordered on the much nicer Acerbis guards I'd purchased before the trip (and yes, I did phone and ask if they were in stock before ordering). Anyway, the blisters were uncomfortable enough...[/quote]

Dood :screwy:

Tuck 'em in under the boots, between the boots and the pants. The boots help hold them up without using the straps.

Most every dealer (around here) has knee guards in stock so you can test fit.
That is odd :lol2: Sorry.
Bruce