I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Forbes article on KTM & Husky

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Forbes article on KTM & Husky

Post by Skinny-J »

Thought this was interesting, especially to find on Forbes:
Everything KTM Touches turns to Gold: Reinventing Husqvarna as a High-Style Motorcycle Brand

The Vitpilen 701 is pretty bad ass; but they need a better name. I am not sure about Husky street bikes becoming competitors to Ducati.

I actually like a lot of the Husky dirt bikes. People say they are just white KTM's but I don't have a problem with that or KTM. My problem is with the folks who thumb their nose at you if you DON'T ride their same expensive orange machine.

I liked the quote in the article: "...beyond the expert riders who buy KTMs". and "KTM is for the fastest guy in your town. The breadth of the potential Husqvarna buyer is much greater than KTM". I think that is the KTM marketing geniuses in action...

If Yamaha doesn't put e-start on the YZ250X in the next 5 years, my knee is going to see me on a Husky TE 300.

Its too bad KTM is privately held, I may not ride their bikes but I would own their stock.

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Forbes article on KTM & Husky

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm If Yamaha doesn't put e-start on the YZ250X in the next 5 years, my knee is going to see me on a Husky TE 300.
wow, this certainly explains the earthquake we just felt on this side of Maryland! :knary:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:thumbup:

Good read.
Bruce
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Skinny-J reads Forbes :dry:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

trialsrider wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:33 pm Skinny-J reads Forbes :dry:
I want to be like you when I grow up!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm My problem is with the folks who thumb their nose at you if you DON'T ride their same expensive orange machine.

Almost as bad as the Harley douche bags...

I hope Yamaha takes another step up and we have a blue fuel injected 2T 300, magic button (w/ kickstarter), tagged enduro
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Bucho wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 pm
Skinny-J wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:20 pm My problem is with the folks who thumb their nose at you if you DON'T ride their same expensive orange machine.
Where do you find those guys? I've only seen some like that on forums, but not often too. Perhaps they can be found only there then :lol2:
Never have seen one irl riding :deal:
Every day is a good day when you ride
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Bucho wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Hey I ride both those brands :dirtdog:

:lol2:
I don’t agree with Harley guys with the chains hanging off there wallets. Lots of guys have to hang every chrome do-dad & lights that serve no purpose other than profiling the image they think is cool. I tend to do mods you can feel not see.... I might have a few T-shirts from places I’ve ridden to.
It hadn’t ocured to me the KTM guys look down on others.

That Husky is cool btw.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Stolen from ADV...

Jay's ride report :lol2:

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

J&J wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:45 pm
Hey I ride both those brands
I’ve met plenty of cool HD guys over the years. Guys who actually get out and ride their bikes.

I was just referring to douche bag HD guys who look down on anything that isnt a Harley. I know way too many cops that are total HD douche bag idiots.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200