I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

TLC on the neglected 450 Xc-W

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

TLC on the neglected 450 Xc-W

Post by Rut Row »

It's too rainy to cut up trees at the lot (thank you Mother Nature!)

and my bride has run out of honey-does which means I can get back to work on the 450 :loveit:

For reasons only known to His Noodliness, manufacturers install springs with spring rates far to low for average riders; worse they must think everyone is a DAMN midget cuz the bars are too low and the footpegs too high. :dirtdog:

On every bike I've owned, I have to do three things - 4 if it is a KTM: change shock spring, lower the footpegs and raise the handlebars. On KTMs I also have to replace that fine piece of European Oak they call a seat.

I've already adjusted the bars. I'm waiting a few more paychecks to get new footpegs and a Seat Concepts Comfort Seat (yes I'm a candy ass :angel: ) but a Race Tech SRSP 6326P25 rear shock spring came in yesterday!

So today I install the spring, reinstall the carb that I rejetted with a Blais Racing Service jet kit, and install a set of wheel bearings with seals for the front and rear.

Pics to come. :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: TCL on the neglected 450 Xc-W

Post by Wingfixer »

It appears you posted that in the future (time stamp shows 0810, current time is 0746) so I won't bust your balls too bad about the pics.....but, it sounds like you're building a bike....... just like the one you sold! :amazon:

:peep:

:lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Got wood? :jack:
Looks like you have a lot of DAMN work there Ken. :knary:
Glad to hear the 450 is comming along.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 am It appears you posted that in the future (time stamp shows 0810, current time is 0746) so I won't bust your balls too bad about the pics.....
I work so fast that time speeds up! :killingme:
Wingfixer wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 am .....but, it sounds like you're building a bike....... just like the one you sold! :amazon:
Third biggest f**kin' mistake I ever made with Wife #1 & 2 being the first two. :frustrated:

That bike was pretty close to perfect. I knew I made a mistake as soon as I loaded it onto his truck. :doh:

I really want that Beta 390 and after the new house gets built, the shop completed, etc I'll probably sell this bike and get one. But this gets me riding again and you off my ass! :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

the spring is quite a bit beefier!

and the carb filter boot is a pain in the *ss to remove and reinstall

But it idles now without needing the choke on!
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

wohoo! Baby's got bbbbearings! :loveit:

Next to borrow Marylander's digital sag tool. That probably won't happen for a few weeks tho. :dry:
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

TLC? :shrug:

Normal people - as opposed to freakishly tall- fit most bikes without all that nonsense.

Good to see your foundation in....completion date?

Your Kubota tractor or did you bum it from WF?
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:43 pm TLC? :shrug:

Normal people - as opposed to freakishly tall- fit most bikes without all that nonsense.

Good to see your foundation in....completion date?

Your Kubota tractor or did you bum it from WF?
dyslexia? :shrug:

normal people are at least 6'. I have 4 brothers that prove it! :hi5:

completion estimated Sept/Oct now that the WX is cooperating

WF's. Since his Dad is getting the wood for his outdoor boiler he graciously offered it. :thumbup:
Ken
Glenduro
DAMN Expert

Post by Glenduro »

Lookin good'

Good to know your handy with suspension! :think:
Glenduro
Been there, Done that , and bought the replacement parts
Honda CRF450X
Honda XR650L
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Glenduro wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:40 pm Lookin good'

Good to know your handy with suspension! :think:
first time I've done this - what can go wrong? :killingme:
Ken