I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Fixing XR650L

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Re: Fixing XR650L

Post by Junior »

J&J wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 pm :dry: I'm a cheap skate, errr ahhh frugal like Skinny Jay. I'll have to see what it looks like, hoping the valves still seal & the guides are tight. I might just lap em back in with new seals. It supposedly had a new top end when I bought it.... I think the added size & compression will give me enough performance increase....

Nah really, my buddy is a cylinder head nut so we'll prolly be doing it up :killingme:
If its smokes from sitting over night? thats all about the valve seals. The money spent on that piston could have done the valve job. Air cooled thumpers are hard on valve seals. Take some pictures when you get it apart. :lurker:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Junior wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:48 pm
J&J wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 pm :dry: I'm a cheap skate, errr ahhh frugal like Skinny Jay. I'll have to see what it looks like, hoping the valves still seal & the guides are tight. I might just lap em back in with new seals. It supposedly had a new top end when I bought it.... I think the added size & compression will give me enough performance increase....

Nah really, my buddy is a cylinder head nut so we'll prolly be doing it up :killingme:
If its smokes from sitting over night? thats all about the valve seals. The money spent on that piston could have done the valve job. Air cooled thumpers are hard on valve seals. Take some pictures when you get it apart. :lurker:
I know, I know but I have to take it apart so a mild 10:1cr 103mm piston will wake it up a bit without getting crazy or boring the cases. I will do a little porting and my buddy has the seat cutters. If the valves & guides are good I won't be buying anything else but seals. Stock springs are fine for a stock cam.
zjcoombs
DAMN n00b

Post by zjcoombs »

I started to do a top end job on a 150r super moto project... now the frames painted, every bearing on chassis and engine replaced, bored carb, stroker 180 kit, and race tech springs and gold valves... started it 2 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

zjcoombs wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 am I started to do a top end job on a 150r super moto project... now the frames painted, every bearing on chassis and engine replaced, bored carb, stroker 180 kit, and race tech springs and gold valves... started it 2 months ago

Pics man!
:worthless:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

zjcoombs wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 am I started to do a top end job on a 150r super moto project... now the frames painted, every bearing on chassis and engine replaced, bored carb, stroker 180 kit, and race tech springs and gold valves... started it 2 months ago
That sounds pretty sweet. The stock 150R I borrowed to do minimoto in sterling would keep the front wheel off the ground the whole way down the straight if I wasn't careful.
zjcoombs
DAMN n00b

Post by zjcoombs »

Please ignore sea-doo in background

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Cool! Very clean!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 pm Cool! Very clean!
It's still a Honda :barf:

:peep:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Well since you guys hijacked the crap outa my thread I might as well talk about 150r’s too.

:lol2:
Jacob had one and that thing was bad ass. He could easily keep up with the big boys on that thing right up untill his knees started hitting the handle bars. The boy was outgrowing dirt bikes faster than shoes there for a while. We still have some old plastics, bark busters & a skid plate if you need them although they might be a little too well used for that pretty one.

Now back to the sixfiddy... I’m going to put my Road Glide back together & get it off the lift tomorrow then take the Honda apart. :think: Yea that’s the plan.
zjcoombs
DAMN n00b

Post by zjcoombs »

Rut Row wrote:
Wingfixer wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 pm Cool! Very clean!
It's still a Honda :barf:

:peep:
Why all the Honda hate?