I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion

Post by mdubya »

Hey Dudes-I am working a new job and I am currently out of town. I won't make it today. Tomorrow is questionalbe too, but if I get home tonight, I will show up tomorrow (Saturday).

New job= very good. Not making it to the DAMN campout at GR = not good.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
shooom
DAMN n00b

Post by shooom »

so jealous, wish i could make it out. i have kid duty this weekend :whip:
KX250F
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

I'm out. :cry2:

Been nursing a torn up shoulder and it just aint gonna cooperate enough to ride and have fun. But on the bright side... oh, there aint none. :rant:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

I'm out too. But may get a chance to reclaim some old single track Sunday. If I go I will try to H-cam it. Have all the fun!
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

DaWasher wrote:I'm out. :cry2:

Been nursing a torn up shoulder and it just aint gonna cooperate enough to ride and have fun. But on the bright side... oh, there aint none. :rant:
We could always use a beer guard/fire tender :lol2:
Bruce
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

dirtygrunt wrote:
DaWasher wrote:I'm out. :cry2:

We could always use a beer guard/fire tender :lol2:
I gave that idea some deep thought :pimp: But I know I'd somehow I'd end up on a :whoop:
DaWasher

Post by DaWasher »

DAMN, I cant miss this. I'll ride in with B Dirt and watch the beer.

See ya tomorrow :loveit:
bulboushead

Post by bulboushead »

I was 70 miles away on I-70 when I GOT A FLAT in the rear tire. Stupid newbie me not bringing any tools, thinking i'd make it to safe haven. Anyways, all the shops were closed and a total stranger offered to help me out. Called his friend up, brought me some tools, took apart the tire. The valve got ripped out, probably due to the air being too low is my only guess (Check your air pressure when the tire is COLD). So, Joe let me stay in his house over night, and we went to the honda shop in the morning. Got a tube, went back home, installed the tube with some screw drivers very carefully. Aired it up, and after 30 minutes it was FLAT! Shit...Went back to the dealership with the bike aired up again, they said they couldn't help since they were closing. Went to the Yamaha dealership, they were too busy. Went to the kawasaki dealership, and YES they would change my tube for me. The guy said I just barely pinched it, it has about a thumbtack sized hole in it.

Needless to say, that was at 3 pm today, and I didn't feel like pushing my luck so I just went back to DC. Really put out that I couldn't make it for my first off-road experience (sorry Scott and Bucho for not showing to use your stuff) but I think I learned a lot about trips in the future. Bring tools so you can be self sufficient!

Also, on the way home I went past a BMW rider on the road. I pulled over, and did the pay it forward thing. He said he was out of gas, so I offered to go to the next station and get him a pint so he could be on his way. He said that'd be awesome, and I gave him one of my meal kits since he said he was thirsty (He was pretty old). Went and got gas, came back, and he was loaded up in a trailer! The guy with the truck said they tried some gas he had and it didn't crank, so he was going to take him to the closest BMW dealership.

There sure are some nice people out in the world, they are hard to find though. What an adventure for 18 hours!
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

I went out for just Fiday. Had blast. Great riding and great people. Wish I could have stayed for another day.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
TheAntiCrash

Post by TheAntiCrash »

'was there to represent Yamaha Blue in a sea of DR + KLR

I just got back an most of the stuff put away, ' had a great time. The weather was perfect!!
Thanks to all, a great group and can't wait to do it again.
Attachments
RM2357~Paddle-Faster-I-Hear-Banjos-Posters.jpg
RM2357~Paddle-Faster-I-Hear-Banjos-Posters.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 3825 times