I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

The Cove 1/20

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: The Cove 1/20

Post by gots_a_sol »

4 of us did the blue trail with mostly no issues. Although we didn't attempt the stupid far, far left line.

There was barely any ice on it compared to past visits. We have been there where the entire lower trail has 6" plus of ice and only the tips of the biggest rocks are peaking out :lol2:
Last edited by gots_a_sol on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

drtjumper wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:03 am My son and I came out today also. We got there way late 11:45ish. Couldn't find you guys so we tried to ride the blue trail........notice I said tried. I think we were on ice more than we were dirt or rocks. Tried the steep hill climb a few times but it was way too greasy about a third of the way up. Went back to the truck and packed things up before I broke myself or my new bike.

Glad you guys had fun.
We came from the first loop around 1 - 1:30 I think. After that did the blue trail and also had some difficulties with that hill. And not us only :)
Every day is a good day when you ride
drtjumper
DAMN Expert

Post by drtjumper »

Shit it looked like a river of ice to me. We hit it first out as a warm up and did the far far left hillclimb (one out of the tight right hand corner then straight up. It was silly greasy. Didn't see any tracks on the ice and such at that point. That would have been at 11am ish.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

We hit the Blue loop later in the day than that.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

gots_a_sol wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:06 pm Turns out we were right on all 3 counts :killingme:
heh. Yeah. It's all good stuff in hindsight. :~)
Disaster Racing
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

Marylander wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 am
Bucho wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 pm Have fun guys, please post a couple of pics. I want to see Onefaller’s new bike!
You've seen it quite a few times. It was my kx250.

Be gentle with the throttle, dude! ;)
maaan, that thing just wants to GO. I was working the clutch so much that I started cramping

I'm looking at a hydraulic setup, and a rekluse.
Disaster Racing
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

OneFaller wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 am
Marylander wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:30 am
Bucho wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 pm Have fun guys, please post a couple of pics. I want to see Onefaller’s new bike!
You've seen it quite a few times. It was my kx250.

Be gentle with the throttle, dude! ;)
maaan, that thing just wants to GO. I was working the clutch so much that I started cramping

Those come stock on KTM's . Just saying :lol2:
Bruce
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Just get the Rekluse. The cable will be fine for the little that you will still want to use it. Plus some hydraulic conversions can be finiky.

Just my $.01

SJ
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Skinny-J wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 pm

Just get the Rekluse. The cable will be fine for the little that you will still want to use it. Plus some hydraulic conversions can be finiky.

Just my $.01

SJ
For me it would be a hydraulic conversion. Did it on a DRZ and love it. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/98 ... lic-Clutch
But then a gain I'm against a Rekluse so if you want it, then perhaps cable is fine. Just replace the cable, that could help also.
Every day is a good day when you ride
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

OneFaller wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:27 am maaan, that thing just wants to GO. I was working the clutch so much that I started cramping

The rekluse works well in the KX. I sold mine to someone in washington state. :jack:

If you're planning to do hare scrambles on it you might want to set the ignition back to normal (I think it's retarded now), put the stock throttle back on, and maybe pull the flywheel weight. It spins up a lot faster set up like that but it's not as good for the nastier stuff.