I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC - Saturday, January 27th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: RAC - Sunday, January 21st

Post by Skinny-J »

So here is the report from TT, a guy who is actually there as of noon saturday: "Lots of snow up here! 3-5 inches in the woods - trials bike is ok- but 4-5 inches seems to be the limit - the guys I ran into on two wheels enduros  are not have much fun- 
Unless you have stud tires or want to practice snow/ mud riding - its a no go for today and I,would say even tommorrow. "

I say we take a shot at NEXT saturday. Supossed to be warm-er with rain this week which shoul fry the last of the snow. Or I can dig out the studs...

What say ya...
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

OFG likes next Saturday
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Skinny-J wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:28 pm So here is the report from TT, a guy who is actually there as of noon saturday: "Lots of snow up here! 3-5 inches in the woods - trials bike is ok- but 4-5 inches seems to be the limit - the guys I ran into on two wheels enduros  are not have much fun- 
Unless you have stud tires or want to practice snow/ mud riding - its a no go for today and I,would say even tommorrow. "

I say we take a shot at NEXT saturday. Supossed to be warm-er with rain this week which shoul fry the last of the snow. Or I can dig out the studs...

What say ya...
:thumbup:

I saw the same report.

That will give me a day to work on my super secret micro ST training grounds on the outskirts of Michaux :deal:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

:frustrated: This does not make me happy. See you clowns next Saturday.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Plan B is:

Rusty and his crew are heading to the Cove around 10:00 Sunday.

OFG plans to join them.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

BigBird wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:19 pm Plan B is:

Rusty and his crew are heading to the Cove around 10:00 Sunday.

OFG plans to join them.
Have fun! I'm pretty Coved out.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: RAC - Saturday, January 27th

Post by Laoch »

Yea- one thing I learned over the kast three winters is that once we have a significant (3-5inch) snowfall- Valley area is done until spring. On the other hand Burma side of Moutain clears and dries much sooner. I wouldn't bother with Valley Road area until after we have 3-4 days in a row of mid 50's.

Still wanna go to Valley? Ever been to Burma?
Bruce
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Burma Rd is ok, it just doesn't have as much (legal) single track (at least that we can find). Valley Rd (aka Darkwater) has the most and best single track so that's why we always go there. There is also an FRO spot over towards Locust Gap that I have never been to but have a set of gps tracks for; I would like to check that out but it would probably involve a lot of head scratching the first time there.

Honestly, Darkwater SHOULD be ok by Saturday. Its supposed to be in the 50's today and tomorrow with some rain; the snow will be gone but it could be a little greasy, just like the average KTM rider....
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Skinny-J wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:27 pm Burma Rd is ok, it just doesn't have as much (legal) single track (at least that we can find). Valley Rd (aka Darkwater) has the most and best single track so that's why we always go there. There is also an FRO spot over towards Locust Gap that I have never been to but have a set of gps tracks for; I would like to check that out but it would probably involve a lot of head scratching the first time there.

Honestly, Darkwater SHOULD be ok by Saturday. Its supposed to be in the 50's today and tomorrow with some rain; the snow will be gone but it could be a little greasy, just like the average KTM rider....
:thumbup:
:lol2:

:dry:
Bruce
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Who's IN for tomorrow AM???

OFG
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800