I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Bohn closeout stuff

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Bohn closeout stuff

Post by Bucho »

That kinda sucks it doesn't seem to fit right. But still a smoking deal at $42
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nobody wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:19 pm
Rut Row wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:07 am bahstad ... got to looking at my 15yo pressure jacket and it's in sad shape. So this is on it's way :angel:

Got this and shorts today. Shorts are almost fine. The only downside - there is a couple of soft "armor" pads too low so you have to sit on them and that hurts your butt. Perhaps that's to make you stand more :huh: Anyway if it will be a real problem, it's easy to remove. I have plenty of really sharp knives :lol2:
With body armor I'm not really happy though. Perhaps it's just my body build but sleeves are a little too long and at the same time velcro closures are too short and if I manage to put the elbow guard in acceptable position and close the velcro, my hands start to ache in a minute. Idk if I can ride with that. If I close it like in the pic then my elbows are not covered and since arm is thinner closer to my hand, it will get only worse if worn like that.
Will try anyways. Shoulder pads are too much to the front and there's no adjustment on the back side. Perhaps it would work as the impact usually should come from the front, but I don't like the feeling.
So materials seem to be fine, but the design is bad in my opinion.
Spot on Janis. :thumbup:
I even had my son try it on, he had the same fit issues. On the shorts, I'll cut out the two bottom pieces.
Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Well, glad I didn't get the shirt. ;) The pants seem ok to me but I haven't sat on the bike while wearing them yet.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

The back protector fits my Darien perfectly. :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

juddspaintballs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:26 pm The back protector fits my Darien perfectly. :thumbup:
I'd like to get a Darien jacket some day. For those times I don't want to wear the whole one piece space suit.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:51 pm I'd like to get a Darien jacket some day. For those times I don't want to wear the whole one piece space suit.
I got a perfed leather jacket and some kevlar lined pants for when I don't wear the roadcrafter (summer). I just ordered another roadcrafter, the R3. I'm hoping it'll be comfortable on hotter days than my 12 year old one.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've got Motoport Kevlar Mesh for the hot days. I'm fairly certain that stuff will damage the asphalt if I crash.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

My one piece Road(Warrior)Crafter is 15-16 years old. I still feel it is one of the better pieces of gear I have ever bought. I sent it back for repairs 5-6 years ago. Wasnt cheap but Im still wearing it.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:29 am My one piece Road(Warrior)Crafter is 15-16 years old. I still feel it is one of the better pieces of gear I have ever bought. I sent it back for repairs 5-6 years ago. Wasnt cheap but Im still wearing it.
Yep, this'll be my 3rd roadcrafter. First one was a 2 piece that fit me back when I was bicycle racing but quickly got too small when I stopped. The current one was too long (44R) from the get go but I was too cheap to get it custom fit. The new one is a 44S (well, once they make it) and I'll spend the extra dough to get it fitting well. I don't anticipate needing to buy another one in my lifetime. ;)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Marylander wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:23 amFirst one was a 2 piece that fit me back when I was bicycle racing but quickly got too small when I stopped.
amazing how that happens. Apparently they shrink when not in use. I've noticed that in other gear I own. :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris