I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

American Supercamp

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

American Supercamp

Post by OneFaller »

Hi. My name's Skip, and I'm a Supercamp Addict.

If you've never been to American Supercamp, you need to start making a plan to go. they come to Harrington DE, so it's not too far - in fact, there're folks who come from upstate NY just to take this course. It's almost always sold out, with a 4-5 person waiting list.

Why would people drive for 5 hours to go to a skills camp? why would I go 7 times?

Because it's FOOKING AWESOME, that's why!

you learn about finding the balance point of a motorcycle when there's reduced traction - which means, in short, they teach you how to slide a bike to scrub off speed. You learn how to deal with the bike when things have gone poorly, but you are still on two wheels. you learn to steer with your hips. and you do it all on their bikes, in their gear. In fact, Danny (the owner and head instructor) often says that all you need to bring to Supercamp is underwear, socks, and a teachable attitude.

they're coming back to town in May. it's $500-600, plus hotel. there's a good early bird discount, so keep an eye out for it.

it's totally worth it.

Last time I went, Chris Carr (7 time Grand National Flat Track Champion) was one of the instructors. Not only is he a good teacher, but he's a nice guy. And I passed him once. He took the spot back at the next corner, but I fooking passed him :loveit:

you can do the racer or the non-racer course. the instruction is nearly identical, but you'll see more aggressive riders in the racer class. sometimes that's good, sometimes it's not.

7082255017_3afaab1f7d_z.jpg
Disaster Racing
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: American Supercamp

Post by Rut Row »

I've been twice and also think it is a fantastic class. I'll go again one day. One year he even did a group discount for us.

I love watching Danny put the footpeg into the ground, do a 360 and stand the bike back up and ride away. :bow:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OneFaller
DAMN Expert

Post by OneFaller »

2018 dates announced for Harrington:

Harrington, DE May 18 - 19 2018 Non-Racer
May 18, 2018
Harington, DE May 20 - 21 2018 Racer
May 20, 2018
Disaster Racing
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Maybe I can do this in 2019. I hope to be in south america in May.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Id love to go that is just a bigger chunk of money than I can make happen right now.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200