I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moonshine Enduro - 9/24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: Moonshine Enduro - 9/24

Post by trialsrider »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm Kirk and Janis,

You both should take great satisfaction in completing this enduro. IMHO, Monshine, RORR and Michaux are the 3 rockiest enduros and its not that any one thing is that hard, its just that the rocks are relentless and keep coming at you all day long. A lot of the sections seemed to have new trail that was just cut into the flora so that meant what soil was there was now churned up onto the rocks by the 240 riders before us making them slippery rocks and even trickery!

Yes, it is amazing how fast some of the other riders are. Many of them are also much younger than us with rubber-bones. However, what you didn't see is all the riders who are too chicken shit, out of shape, wife won't let em, it's too far to drive, yadda, yadda who you beat from the first second because you came out and rode and they didn't!

:cheers:

SJ
You left out HOT! :killingme:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm You both should take great satisfaction in completing this enduro...
Yep, I do and thanks! :cheers:
trialsrider wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:29 pm You left out HOT! :killingme:
Yeah, it was pretty hot and humid. Even my knee guards were soaked in sweat (which may have contributed to them trying to take the skin off of the backs of my knees). I emptied my 3L camelbak before the last check. I handled the heat a lot better than I have previously. My kidney stones were at least partially due to chronic dehydration and I've found the heat to not be as big a deal for me now that I've been drinking lots (and peeing lots and lots... and lots - nothing I can do about the age related prostate enlargement :frustrated: ).
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Marylander wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm
Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm You both should take great satisfaction in completing this enduro...
Yep, I do and thanks! :cheers:
Ditto :cheers:

If from my post it looks like whining how hard it was then it's not meant like that, it's like a good adventure to remember. The harder it was to ride the better it is in your memories if you somehow deal with it :rayof: :thumbup:
Ofc I would want that there were more riders worse than me, but I'll leave that for the next races :lol2: :ride:

Marylander wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm
Yeah, it was pretty hot and humid. Even my knee guards were soaked in sweat (which may have contributed to them trying to take the skin off of the backs of my knees). I emptied my 3L camelbak before the last check. I handled the heat a lot better than I have previously. My kidney stones were at least partially due to chronic dehydration and I've found the heat to not be as big a deal for me now that I've been drinking lots (and peeing lots and lots... and lots - nothing I can do about the age related prostate enlargement :frustrated: ).
I think you need to add more beer to your diet! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:26 pm However, what you didn't see is all the riders who are too chicken shit, out of shape, wife won't let em, it's too far to drive, yadda, yadda who you beat from the first second because you came out and rode and they didn't!
and that is a LOT of us! indeed :cheers: to a job well done.

Can I go back my arm chair criticizing now? :chicken kiss:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:04 pm
Skinny-J wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:02 pm
Rut Row wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:18 am
juddspaintballs wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:54 pm I spotted Wingfixer in Bob's Tire today. I guess his flats aren't exclusive to dirt bikes alone.
:lol2: I'll bet WF can get a flat in a solid rubber tire :deal:
You should tread lightly, it was your former tire that exploded on him on I-81..... :think:
don't tell me he mounted the spare with the dry rot and huge sidewall tear :barf:
Nope. Fortunately I had just replaced the dry rotted tire with a new one..

Shit happens. It actually was still holding air when I got it stopped, just ripped the tread off. :shrug:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:26 pm Shit happens. It actually was still holding air when I got it stopped, just ripped the tread off. :shrug:
Next time buy a trailer from a more reputable dealer! :screwy: :angel:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Wow, that's too funny! Almost makes me feel a little better...

BTW, Marty (or who ever that dude is) from Solid Performance deserves a shout out. Not only was he the man on the tire changing machine, but when Janis and I got to the third gas stop and every one had cleaned them out of water and the gas trucks were about to leave, Marty ended up giving me his own bottle of water from his truck as they were about to leave; Nice guy! :thumbup:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I'm pretty sure the pictured gentleman is Evan.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

My score is posted now. Not good but not as bad as I thought (inasmuch as I understand the scoring). I'd like to do better next time.