I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC - Sat October 7

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

RAC - Sat October 7

Post by Skinny-J »

To make sure as many guys can make it as possible, let's try a vote. Here are my suggestions (that I can make):

1. Weekend of Sept 9 - Baby Burr (or Boyer Farm or Michaux Enduro or 7 Mnts DS- very busy weekend!)
2. Weekend of Sept 16 - no good
3. Weekend of Sept 23 - Moonshine Enduro
4. Weekend of Sept 30 - no good (also the S-500)
5. Weekend of Oct 7 - either day (the RORR DS is on the 8th)
6. Weekend of Oct 14 - either day
7. Weekend of Oct 21- Granville traditionally hosts a ride in Oct. I am hoping its this weekend as it would be a nice birthday present to ME! However, the Oct RAC dates may have to be juggled to accommodate Granville's once known...

So it looks like I won't make it back to RAC until early October. Hopefully you guys get up there before that and keep those trails run-in for me.

Vote, and vote often! Pick your weekend and day there of. Voting closes on my whim....:whip3:

SJ
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: RAC - Next Ride

Post by Wingfixer »

I'm in the same boat for September, weekend wise. I could be talked into a weekday ride the week of the 25th. The first weekend of October is no good, I'll know about the rest of the month by the 12th of this month.

Granville, if you're reading this please let me know the weekend you're planning your ride soon so I can bid it off!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
2way2wheels
DAMN n00b

Post by 2way2wheels »

I should be able to ride this weekend, 2nd,3rd, or 4th Sept.

Missed 26th ride, I got stung by a bee at the Michaux DS.
It got in my helmet and got me at my left ear, after option 10.
By Monday, the left side of my face and neck was visibly swollen.
Doctor said infected, put on meds.

Anyway ready to ride, after missing the 26th.

If "Nobody" can make it, Nobody can ride with me, just let me know. We can work out the details.

Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Nobody's wife got plans for that weekend :D

If turns out that Nobody has a free day on that weekend, I'll let you know, thanks for offer :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Jim,

Sorry to hear about the bee sting and subsequent paralysis, both you and Jed are now exclusive members of the Michaux Bee-option experience! We missed you on Saturday and I was wondering where you were but now it makes more sense.

To maybe make you feel a little better, here is a little video highlight. Sam brought a couple guys from R & T with him, Rusty and Joe. Good riders and nice guys. Joe was filming Rusty in a couple spots. The first part of the video is the lower section of the double hill climb in the woods just down the haul-road from the parking lot on the left. The second part is where it gets good. This is from over near Popeye's woods, on the hill that you looped the 450 out on earlier this year. This hill has gotten worse and some wash outs have exposed a huge rock race about 10' from the top. Rusty hit that on his big 500 and whiskey throttled as he was coming off. The bike shot up the last 10' of the hill plus another 12' in the air after that, there was a mark on a pine tree that the swingarm left as it went by. I though North Korea was launching an orange missile. Enjoy.

BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

When we got back to my place Rusty looked at his bike and saw Bent Radiator, Bent Fender and Bent Handlebars!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Was it one of those "Big Bend" places? :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:lol2: :cheers:
Bruce
2way2wheels
DAMN n00b

Post by 2way2wheels »

Thanks Jay

I enjoyed the video. Looks like a another great ride.
Stuff happens at the top of that hill.
Glad Rusty didn't get bent. Or you.

Jim
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Hmm, October 7th is the only weekend day I have off that I can ride in October...
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.