I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux Dual Sport Aug 20th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Re: Michaux Dual Sport Aug 20th

Post by Nobody »

BigBird wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:21 pm [..] I wasn't even real tired [..]
and
Nobody wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:55 pm [..] only then I realised how tired I was[..]
:oops:
Every day is a good day when you ride
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Jake wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:55 am I have been reading through the forum a little bit so I had to join. Im headed up to do the muchaux dual sport this weekend. If I see some of your jerseys I'll stop and say what's up. My name is Jake and I'll be on a 500exc. If you see someone standing near a yellow Ford rape van that's probably me.....and yes there is free candy if you stop to say hello

I notice the rider letter mentioned a tech inspection. Anyone know how strict they are about it? I have a tailight that doesn't stay on all the time. It will work sometimes but of course when I need it to work I'm sure it won't. Any info is appreciated...

Hope to see some of y'all there
So I think I met Jake at the end of Option 4 (the 8 mile B+). Jake, I was the DAMN rider sitting on the rock when you came up. Jake has a great story about how many miles is on his KTM 500 and how he got those miles. Jake, if you read this, you should post up a summary of your trip and the mileage. I am sure this crew would find it interesting.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'll +1 that!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

If gpx files were given for this can I have someone send em to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

They won't help you much (none were given, btw). Most of the ride was on hiking, horse, snow sled, and ATV trails that are not open to two wheeled machines the rest of the year. There were a few forest roads and even paved roads we caught to connect them all, but very few. If you want too ride legally in the area, talk to
dirtygrunt wrote: :chicken kiss:
and I'm sure he'd be happy to show you around.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Is there any video evidence of famous "Option 10"? I would gladly watch it. :cheers:

My video is rendering now, should be published tomorrow morning if nothing partially expected happens :killingme:
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Jake
DAMN n00b

Post by Jake »

That was a really good ride. Thanks to all MORE members for time and effort.

I rode the enduro at muchaux a few weeks later. Wow what a good time. The trails were super slick but fun. I think I only fell 24 times....... :censored: I'm happy with that.
Jake
DAMN n00b

Post by Jake »

So I think I met Jake at the end of Option 4 (the 8 mile B+). Jake, I was the DAMN rider sitting on the rock when you came up. Jake has a great story about how many miles is on his KTM 500 and how he got those miles. Jake, if you read this, you should post up a summary of your trip and the mileage. I am sure this crew would find it interesting.
[/quote]

There is somewhere in the neighborhood of 20k + on the 500. Odometer stopped working somewhere around 16kish. Definitely love that bike as she has been extremely good to me while me not really returning the favor.
Here is a spot Walla link that follows my trip cross country.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id ... howAll=yes

That was a little over 13k

This is a link to another ride about 3k

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id ... howAll=yes

Half the time I forgot to turn on the tracker thing so it's not dead on.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Jake,

Very impressive. One day when the kids are grown and the job is done I hope to have an adventure like your's. Well done Sir.

SJ