I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Beta Oil Injection

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Beta Oil Injection

Post by Boom Boom »

I am amazed at how little oil the engines actually need. The Vertigo trials bikes that are FI 2-stroke run at 120:1 ratio. I run the trials bike at 80:1 and many run 100:1. I could probably do the same but just hard to bring myself to that low of an oil ratio. Enduro bikes I run at 60:1. The worst engine damage I have had was from running a high flash point oil (Motul 800) in a Gas Gas enduro at 50:1. The excess unburnt oil gummed up the power valve and required me to pull down for a full service. I was around 120 hours at that point and was running fine with no plans of a rebuild. Blow by was minimal and could have pushed many more hours if the power valve had not gummed stuck. Unless you are running shifter carts or MX bikes at WFO all the time the high flash oils only cause more issues. The Motul 710 that is what Wingfixer is running as injector oil is a lower flash oil so I look forward to see what his conditions are come freshen up time.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:29 am
Wingfixer wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm A little over 100 trouble few hours so far (where's that knocking on wood emoticon? ). And you all know how gentle I am on equipment..... :angel:

I plan to do at top this winter. It should have 120+ on it by then, so over double the recommended overhaul interval. I'll be sure to post my findings here.
I'd like to watch/help/pass beers when you do the top to see what is involved.
I'll bring it to your place to do the top, it's only about a 6 pack job. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:52 am
Wingfixer wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm A little over 100 trouble few hours so far (where's that knocking on wood emoticon? ). And you all know how gentle I am on equipment..... :angel:

I plan to do at top this winter. It should have 120+ on it by then, so over double the recommended overhaul interval. I'll be sure to post my findings here.
per person? :hi5: hope it runs after 6-beers each! :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Game on.... :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

That's when I do my best work!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:54 am

per person? :hi5: hope it runs after 6-beers each! :killingme:
6-pack for both could end even before you open the tool box, so I guess it should be per person :killingme: :cheers:
Every day is a good day when you ride