I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Beta Oil Injection

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Beta Oil Injection

Post by Rut Row »

Over on the Beta forums there are a lot of threads about guys removing the oil injection. Many cite seized motors. I'm wondering how pervasive the issue is. Meaning those that experience it complain but those that don't rarely post.

What are your experiences?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Re: Beta Oil Injection

Post by trialsrider »

Rut Row wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:14 am Over on the Beta forums there are a lot of threads about guys removing the oil injection. Many cite seized motors. I'm wondering how pervasive the issue is. Meaning those that experience it complain but those that don't rarely post.

This should not be a problem for you given your riding habits. No oil required sitting in garage or shed. :killingme:
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

trialsrider wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 pm
Rut Row wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:14 am Over on the Beta forums there are a lot of threads about guys removing the oil injection. Many cite seized motors. I'm wondering how pervasive the issue is. Meaning those that experience it complain but those that don't rarely post.

This should not be a problem for you given your riding habits. No oil required sitting in garage or shed. :killingme:
cold...COLD I SAY! :frustrated:

sadly true :angel:

hope to change that next year :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Rut Row wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:14 am
Be careful Kettle....
trialsrider
DAMN Expert

Post by trialsrider »

Skinny-J wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:53 pm
Rut Row wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:14 am
Be careful Kettle....
So true :dry: I guess it takes one to know one :lol2:

Now back to Ken's question. Sorry for the detour Ken.
2019 Husqvarna TE250i
2014 KTM 350 XCF-W Six Days
2012 GASGAS 280 TXT Racing
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I haven't had any issues with mine but I don't have big hours on the bike yet. I will admit to a bit of uneasiness when reading about the failures. The oil injection is a convenience but wasn't a selling point for me.

I never considered pre-mixing a hassle although, with my scatterbrain, I have wondered a few times if I ever added oil to the gas. I have definitely put double oil in before. :shrug:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

A little over 100 trouble few hours so far (where's that knocking on wood emoticon? ). And you all know how gentle I am on equipment..... :angel:

I plan to do at top this winter. It should have 120+ on it by then, so over double the recommended overhaul interval. I'll be sure to post my findings here.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Do not have any facts to offer but do know you must run a proper injector approved oil.
I must admit the time that I owned the Cross Trainer I was keeping an eye on that oil line to make sure it had oil in it and did catch once where a stick had caught the line and could have easily broken it. For more common DS trail riding I would assume it to be the future and next step will be injection. All to make a cleaner 2 stroke keeping the euro folks happy.
I personally do not like giving up the ability to adjust my oil ratios per conditions or be fixed using certain oils.
My understanding of pushing the oil injection is the bike can be at low oil ratios at lower RPM thus less smoke...the concept is great, idiot proof, probably not.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I get what you're saying, and I do have a few worries about the system. Mostly that the line could be pulled/broken off and your first indication would be a seized engine. Even if the pump failed and it turned on that tiny little yellow light the odds of me seeing it before it was too late are slim. I do run the recommended Motul oil injection oil, it is pricey but this thing uses so little of it I don't mind.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:59 pm A little over 100 trouble few hours so far (where's that knocking on wood emoticon? ). And you all know how gentle I am on equipment..... :angel:

I plan to do at top this winter. It should have 120+ on it by then, so over double the recommended overhaul interval. I'll be sure to post my findings here.
I'd like to watch/help/pass beers when you do the top to see what is involved.
Ken