I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

St John's Rock Trail

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

St John's Rock Trail

Post by Rut Row »

Rumor has it that the trail will be open to the public on Sunday 7/22. :deal:

Keep your eyes glued to this page

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/orv/home.aspx
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: St John's Rock Trail

Post by Bucho »

Sweet!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Again, kudos to all those who made this happen. :cheers:

However it's still a bit of a goat f_ck. I can't find a $$ of the required day use fee. And with very limited parking- which must be reserved- I just don't know.
It's a bit confusing--got a tagged bike? Show up and ride or no- I still need to buy a day use pass somewhere? And I can't just on a whim haul the bike down any day that I fee like it, I gotta reserve a parking spot. :screwy:

Help us out Ken.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Just out from DNR via Facebook

GRAND OPENING: St. John’s Rock Off-Road Vehicle Trail and Campground, July 21. First-ever ORV trail designed specifically for ORV enthusiasts and riders.The trail is scheduled to be open for day use and overnight camping later this month.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:34 am Again, kudos to all those who made this happen. :cheers:

However it's still a bit of a goat f_ck. I can't find a $$ of the required day use fee. And with very limited parking- which must be reserved- I just don't know.
It's a bit confusing--got a tagged bike? Show up and ride or no- I still need to buy a day use pass somewhere? And I can't just on a whim haul the bike down any day that I fee like it, I gotta reserve a parking spot. :screwy:

Help us out Ken.
I expect there to be offsite parking in the coming months (likely provided by a nearby landowner for a fee) and you can then ride-on. Day passes will be available online. IIRC, the day-use fee is about $10.
Ken
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Is there a day use fee for a tagged dualsport bike?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:05 am Is there a day use fee for a tagged dualsport bike?
sadly yes. $10 IIRC.
Ken
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 am Just out from DNR via Facebook

GRAND OPENING: St. John’s Rock Off-Road Vehicle Trail and Campground, July 21. First-ever ORV trail designed specifically for ORV enthusiasts and riders.The trail is scheduled to be open for day use and overnight camping later this month.
Let's ride :whoop: wait...is it open or not :lol2:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:15 pmLet's ride :whoop: wait...is it open or not :lol2:
Sunday IS later this month! :lol2:

Final decision is tomorrow on opening date. I'll be stunned if it isn't open Sunday.
Ken
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Ken