I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Riding mid week

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Riding mid week

Post by Bucho »

Cool, let me know.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Bucho wrote:Erin went w/ me today. We rode down to the SugarLoaf area. The gate on Monacacy Bottom Road was open again. We didn't ford the river, but we did explore an atv trail.
I don't know how we missed this several weeks ago. It was right about where we parked our bikes. It was a fun tight little trail. We got a minor talking to from some guy about a mile down, telling us it was private property. But he was polite, so we turned around and headed out.
Down off of Peter's Mill Road, (not sure the name), the dirt road that connects Thurston Road and Park Mill Road. Anyway we stopped for a break at the little bridge by the stream and some 16 yr old kid comes riding by on a dirtbike. Erin charmed him a little and he led on some local trails. Erin and I almost bit it in the muddy spots but made it out into some open fields w/ a pretty sweet jump. "I got like 3 feet of air..."

I'm mad I didn't bring the camera.
Sounds like y'all had a good time. And perfect weather, too. And Erin made it into the newspaper. Sweet!

(Now if I could only get my wife to ride with me more than once a year.)
Rob

XR650L
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I don't know, maybe we can partner our wives up to ride together some time. I'm super happy to get her out riding w/ me, I've very proud of her for doing it at all. She improves a little everytime we go out. But she is still a little on the slow side. But I guess having an 8 horsepower bike doesn't help too much w/ that. I'm about to drop a few bucks on a 150 big bore/bigger carb/exhaust.

Of nothing else, I'll enjoy when I'm riding her bike...

If Ken and I can fit it in the truck, I might bring it to Greenridge for our pitbike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:If Ken and I can fit it in the truck, I might bring it to Greenridge for our pitbike.
Lets see...

- DRZ
- KLR
- pit bike
- cases of beer
- 5-gal water
- camping gear for 2 people
- dog
- coolers

Yup! there is room! We'll look like 2 guys headed off to college :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

okay, good. It should be easier b/c I don't have to bring the dog.

Unless the group feels we need a camp dog...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Unless the group feels we need a camp dog...
I think ya gotta bring the dog. Someone has to guard the beer! :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I certainly don't mind bringing him. I know he'd like it. I've brought him to work a couple times and its amazing that my super friendly lap dog, can turn into a ferocious monster when some of these local wheaton scumbags get too close to him.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Meaning he would probably guard the camp when we are out riding...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Meaning he would probably guard the camp when we are out riding...
We'll tie him to the beer cooler. :thumbup:
Ken
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Bucho wrote:Meaning he would probably guard the camp when we are out riding...
Aw. I thought that was my gig since I don't have knobbies. Job taken by dog. :lol2: