I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Re: 3rd Annual DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion

Post by sallydog »

I'll Go 201 wrote:Anyone trailer-ing thwere bike from the NYC area....?????
If you hear of anyone let me know....
im trailering from the jersey shore.
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

webmost wrote:Hot DAMN!

I would just adore to make your weekend get-together and cross palms with some of you guys. On Thursday 23rd I am flying to Chicago to pick up a 2007 KLR650. I bought her back in January, but there was five feet of snow on the ground at the time, then the Bionic Freckle (the artiste formerly known as RedHead) got a knee replacement; so I'm just now fetching Biffy the KLR. The 24th, I'll be riding to Fort Wayne to visit a friend. He and I are prepping for the TAT (http://www.rideacrossthecountry.com). The 25th, I'll be on the way home to Newark DE. I was going to return via I-80 north of Pittsburgh and then down the valley of the Juniata. But your gig has got me looking at a more southern route. I could stop in the night of the 25th to swap lies and swill beer if I can find a way to pitch a tent there. I'll be toting a whole crapload of parts and manuals that come with the KLR, so I don't think I can fly my gear to Chicago and tote it and all the paraphernalia back with me. Is there a DAMN rider near Newark DE willing to tote my sleeping bag and tent to Green Ridge for me? Gimme a holler at 302 345 0807. Name is Davis. One way or another, I am going to try and figure this out and get there. I'm stoked. DAMN glad I found this site.

:whoop:
I've been planning on doing the TAT on my KLR but just can't get the DAMN time off :boohoo:

And I'll bet you have some great DS rides out your way - Bucho and I loved the Pine Barrons and are looking for someone to sponsor a DAMN ride out that way. :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
webmost

Post by webmost »

"And I'll bet you have some great DS rides out your way..."

No DAMN way. DelMarVa is a DAMN sandbars between two DAMN rivers. Average water table is one boot heel below the surface. Highest elevation is a speed bump in the Acme parking lot. Best twisties are the totally DAMN comnfuisingg exit route out of the Christiana Mall. (You know what I'm talking about if you've been there). The only state in the union without a national forest. Nope. Any time we ride, we start with PA, MD, WV, VA, and so forth.

"I've been planning on doing the TAT on my KLR but just can't get the DAMN time off"

Stop making excuses and come along. We need to rope in another rider anyways. We are planning on 2011, when Pappy graduates with his doctorate in interim ministry. So there's plenty of time to set time aside. You only live once. Gimme a holler and let me try and talk you into it. Take a look at www.rideacrossthecountry.com and stop daydreaming now.

I'm stoked.

:whoop:
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Stick me on the list... dunno this far out when I'll get there and how long I'll be there. Prolly just be riding the loop on the Raptor I just bought yesterday as the KLR is going to be getting pretty much street only tires this time around.....
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Frisson
DAMN n00b

Post by Frisson »

Count me in - DR650.
RRob
DAMN Expert

Post by RRob »

Woo hoo, one week to go!!! :thumbup:

Is there anything we need to plan or do this week to make this a successful campout?
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

RRob wrote:Woo hoo, one week to go!!! :thumbup:

Is there anything we need to plan or do this week to make this a successful campout?
YES, I need lancaster honda to call saying my gaskets are in so I can put the topend back together on my 650R :bandit:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

RRob wrote:Woo hoo, one week to go!!! :thumbup:

go checkout which campsites we should get for overflow - we have close to 40 people registered!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
TheAntiCrash

Post by TheAntiCrash »

I just can't resist the weather forcast for 4-17, 4-19 weekend and will camp at GR, + tour the roads.

probably will avoid ORV trail this trip since it wil be "slicker than owlshit"

I should be there AM Friday, anyone interested, post here or PM.

' will check out overflow, I'm pretty sure there is an overflow spot just opposite group site. will conmfirm.

The overflow site is preferred to campsite 63 IMHO, mostly large rocks from what I remember
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Post by sallydog »

are there picnic tables at this site or do i need to bring 1. how about ez up?
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK