I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Spark plug

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Re: Spark plug

Post by anotherguy »

90 hours? That plug owes you nothing. Replace it and see if the misfire goes away. The plug is too old for any real useful information other than no catastrophic problems.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Long past time for a new plug.
With you having oil injection not much you can do with the amount of oil to fuel you are getting. I know they have the oil cut way back at idle and low RPM to keep the greenies happy.
At those hours have you repacked your silencer yet? Once your silencer gets spooged or blown out the bike will run ratty.
Have you adjusted your jetting any?
They come jetted fat for break in plus run a fat break in needle.
I would want that plug to look more chocolate brown.
If you were running well in colder temps odds are you are jetted fat now that temps are warming.
Are you still burning the Motul 710 that was suggested for that injection system or have you changed oil?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Isn't she supposed to do the blowing? :shrug:

:lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 am Long past time for a new plug.
With you having oil injection not much you can do with the amount of oil to fuel you are getting. I know they have the oil cut way back at idle and low RPM to keep the greenies happy.
At those hours have you repacked your silencer yet? Once your silencer gets spooged or blown out the bike will run ratty.
Have you adjusted your jetting any?
They come jetted fat for break in plus run a fat break in needle.
I would want that plug to look more chocolate brown.
If you were running well in colder temps odds are you are jetted fat now that temps are warming.
Are you still burning the Motul 710 that was suggested for that injection system or have you changed oil?
I put the needle and jet that came with it in after 10 hours, per beta recommendation. Then I put a JD jet kit in it before the Colorado trip, yes I rejetted it for sea level when we got home. You might be on to something with the temps though.... maybe I'll try dropping the jetting. I haven't repacked the silencer. It's probably not splooged up since it doesn't make any splooge but it does sound louder to me. Yes, I'm still running the Motul, it's expensive but this thing uses so little oil it's not a big deal.

Thanks for the feedback!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

keep the plug! throw the bike away! :killingme:
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Junior wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 am keep the plug! throw the bike away! :killingme:
It's not a husky, why would I do that? :shrug:

:lol2:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Boom Boom wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 am I would want that plug to look more chocolate brown.
I agree, but....
anotherguy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:09 pm The plug is too old for any real useful information
What he said

I would take look at the new one after running it a bit before you start messing with it.
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:42 pm
Boom Boom wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:23 am I would want that plug to look more chocolate brown.
I agree, but....
anotherguy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:09 pm The plug is too old for any real useful information
What he said

I would take look at the new one after running it a bit before you start messing with it.
:thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.