I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ST mountain biking

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

ST mountain biking

Post by Laoch »

I did a little ST on the mtn bike the other day and holy crap what a work out.
Mud, rocks, roots, deep mud, rocks, roots, and hills. Good cross training :deal:
Lot of similarities with moto riding.

All I really learned was- I think I need a new mtn bike and to carry more water.
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: ST mountain biking

Post by Rut Row »

I'd need an EMT to ride along :dry:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Stinson
DAMN Expert

Post by Stinson »

dirtygrunt wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 am I did a little ST on the mtn bike the other day and holy crap what a work out.
Mud, rocks, roots, deep mud, rocks, roots, and hills. Good cross training :deal:

All I really learned was- I think I need a new mtn bike and to carry more water.
Where did you ride? I do a lot of mountain biking since that is the easiest way to get my ST fix. A newer full suspension bike goes a long way. The mountain bikes have really come pretty far in the last 10 years.

I mainly ride up at the Frederick Water shed. It is a great workout.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

If you're an OFG (Old Fat Guy) like me a Bosch eMTB makes it MUCH easier :loveit:
Unfortunately it doesn't help with the FEAR FACTOR of riding all the extreme technical stuff that the guys I ride with like! :shrug:
I walk some of it (even though I might be able to do it) because the consequences of failure are HIGH!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BigBird wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 3:18 pm If you're an OFG (Old Fat Guy) like me a Bosch eMTB makes it MUCH easier :loveit:
Unfortunately it doesn't help with the FEAR FACTOR of riding all the extreme technical stuff that the guys I ride with like! :shrug:
I walk some of it (even though I might be able to do it) because the consequences of failure are HIGH!
Crazy electric MTBs :lol2:
I had to walk a little, but my MTB weighs less than my FR so picking it up was easier.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Stinson wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm
dirtygrunt wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 7:45 am I did a little ST on the mtn bike the other day and holy crap what a work out.

Where did you ride? I do a lot of mountain biking since that is the easiest way to get my ST fix. A newer full suspension bike goes a long way. The mountain bikes have really come pretty far in the last 10 years.

I mainly ride up at the Frederick Water shed. It is a great workout.
We were camping at Pinchot SP in PA. Suspension and brakes would be nice. My MTB is about......12 years old :shrug: Forks have some springs, but that's it.
Bruce
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

Been considering a fatbike for awhile now. Riding on the road has become.......ahhhh................well let's just say less friendly than it used to be. I prefer it to off road cycling (knees) but adverse to becoming some drunken anal portal's F350 hood ornament even more.