I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Bike hauler

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Re: Bike hauler

Post by Madizm »

I have a hitch mount motorcycle rail that I used twice that can be had with a reasonable offer. I don't use it since I bought a pick up.
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Madizm wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:34 am I have a hitch mount motorcycle rail that I used twice that can be had with a reasonable offer. I don't use it since I bought a pick up.
Thanks, but I've already got one (pulled off the sorento). It's going to be interesting to see how much it drags on the ground. I'm pretty sure the hitch on the caravan is going to be lower than the one on the sorento.
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

yup your screwed. My carrier would drag on coming out of driveway due to the height change. That was on a lightly lifted 4runner.
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Madizm wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:50 am yup your screwed. My carrier would drag on coming out of driveway due to the height change. That was on a lightly lifted 4runner.
Yeah, I'll need to consider that for whether I keep the caravan or not. I very rarely dragged it with the sorento.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Marylander wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am Well, the sorento didn't want to start so it is now gone to a better place (almost heaven).
dumped it in WV, eh? :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Kyler wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:59 am dumped it in WV, eh? :lol2:
What would you do?!? Gosh! :jack:
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Kyler wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:59 am
Marylander wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am Well, the sorento didn't want to start so it is now gone to a better place (almost heaven).
dumped it in WV, eh? :lol2:

HEY! I represent that!

(actually, he did sell me the Sorento)

Does the hitch for the van even have a 2" receiver or is it 1-1/4"? More than likely, it's not rated for carrying the hitch carrier with a bike anyways. I really like towing my bike behind my Volvo. A small utility trailer behind the van would work out better and you'd have a lot more room to bring crap with you that you don't want in the back of the van with you.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

The caravan has about the same towing specs as the sorento. Of course this doesn't necessarily mean it will work as well. It does have some nice things about it. The middle and back seats stow in the floor. I'm not bringing a tent, I'll just put the cot in the back.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Sam used to put his bikes in his van, just sayin' :deal:
Bruce
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Just bag the back and get a remote for the pump so you can lift and lower from inside.

just scroll down for the pump/kit.

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php ... oC_Xrw_wcB
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r