I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

VP Racing fuels gas jug

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

VP Racing fuels gas jug

Post by Skinny-J »

All you normally here about is the bad stuff a company does; here is some good stufff.... Last year my FIL bought me a brand new VP racing fuel gas jug, one of the fancy ones with the built in handle, hose out top, etc. However after a couple of months the thing started leaking around the cap when tring to pour gas in the tank, kinda the opposite of the desired outcome. I tried a thicker O-ring, and messing with the threads but eventually gave up and threw it in the back of the shed ....

Fast forward to yesterday at Motorama and I see a VP racing vendor selling fuel jugs. Seeing an opportunity to examine another jug that works to maybe figure out why mine doesn't, I wander over. While I am standing there playing with the caps a rep comes over. I think I asked if they sold the Orings seperate. The rep asked, "why, does yours leak?". Me: yes. Rep: Pick out a new can, we had a bad run last year. Me: for real? Rep: yup, and you can probably fix your old one by shaving a little material off of this lip here...

It was the most unbelievable customet service I have ever experienced. I did not ask for or was even expecting a free replacement. Major props to VP racing fuels!

SJ
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: VP Racing fuels gas jug

Post by Rut Row »

sweet! I have a competitors jug that leaks slightly. Where did they say to shave it? Might be the same problem.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

That's awesome! They do usually give good service at the track, too.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Kyler wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:40 am sweet! I have a competitors jug that leaks slightly. Where did they say to shave it? Might be the same problem.
They said to look at what I would call the "face" of the neck where the cap screws on and tha Oring inside the cap would meet it. Apparently they had a bad batch that were uneven. I am thinking about taking something flat like a piece of glass and checking to see if mine is uneven.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Might be able to clean it up with a flat file.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 pm They said to look at what I would call the "face" of the neck where the cap screws on and tha Oring inside the cap would meet it. Apparently they had a bad batch that were uneven. I am thinking about taking something flat like a piece of glass and checking to see if mine is uneven.
thanks!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

They have an o-ring in the cap? Never noticed, will need to have a look now.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr