I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Riding mid week

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Riding mid week

Post by Bucho »

Hey, everybody just throwing this out there.

My schedule is flipping, (as it does every 8 weeks or so), and I'm going back to working the weekends. Usually Wed or Thurs work best for me to go riding. But I can sometimes do Tuesday and Friday also.
I know Mike's got a new toy. Offroad ride for Thurs the 17th anyone? Or street ride?

Next week before the big Greenridge outing? Anyone...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Riding mid week

Post by Rut Row »

Are you still going to be able to make the 2nd Annual - DAMN Rider Event/Cookout/Renunion@Greenridge ORV?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I put my leave slip in about 2 months ago.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:I put my leave slip in about 2 months ago.
Many moons ago, when I was an enlisted guy, the Chief used to say "Disproved, resubmit in 30-days for further disapproval!" :harhar: I was glad to see him retire.

Any chance you might be interested in going over Sat AM? Plan A was to go over Sat PM.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hmmm. That sounds really appealing, but I don't know what my work situation will be like.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Ken, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying we should go up to Greenridge Saturday morning? Instead of Saturday afternoon/evening? (for the weekend event)
My original plan was to up Saturday morning. Don't have to get there super early or anything, but like to be able to start riding before noon. Besides, I think I agreed to bring sammich fixings for lunch for everybody.

Well, Al if you want to blow off work let me know. If you come up to Frederick, we can take my truck up to Greenridge for offroading, (test out your motard knobbies), or just do a Frederick/Montgomery County motard ride.
By the way, thanks so much for the kickstand work. I was looking at it after a ride last Friday. I barely tell it was cut and rewelded. Great job, thanks again.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Ken, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying we should go up to Greenridge Saturday morning? Instead of Saturday afternoon/evening? (for the weekend event)
My original plan was to up Saturday morning. Don't have to get there super early or anything, but like to be able to start riding before noon. Besides, I think I agreed to bring sammich fixings for lunch for everybody.
Never mind, I had in my calendar we were going over Sat evening. Plan "A", now understood. is fine! :thumbup:
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Bucho, glad it's appreciated.

I just got a whole buttload of work today - two jobs from existing clients, and I had a new client referred to me.... when it rains, it pours!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Erin went w/ me today. We rode down to the SugarLoaf area. The gate on Monacacy Bottom Road was open again. We didn't ford the river, but we did explore an atv trail.
I don't know how we missed this several weeks ago. It was right about where we parked our bikes. It was a fun tight little trail. We got a minor talking to from some guy about a mile down, telling us it was private property. But he was polite, so we turned around and headed out.
Down off of Peter's Mill Road, (not sure the name), the dirt road that connects Thurston Road and Park Mill Road. Anyway we stopped for a break at the little bridge by the stream and some 16 yr old kid comes riding by on a dirtbike. Erin charmed him a little and he led on some local trails. Erin and I almost bit it in the muddy spots but made it out into some open fields w/ a pretty sweet jump. "I got like 3 feet of air..."

I'm mad I didn't bring the camera.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
restukey
DAMN Expert

Post by restukey »

Bucho,

My bike is still down waiting for a cam chain. I used to hit some of the asphalt in that area after work the last couple years. First on my Monster and then on the Husky. I did some of the dirt roads with Mike at the end of last year, good stuff. I'll send word when the bike is back up and running.