I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Newbie Intro

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Newbie Intro

Post by Piledup »

Hey guys,
Just thought as a new member to the forum I would introduce myself.. I live in northern VA and started riding last year, although I definitely don't get out as much as I would like.. Usually go out to taskers or a place my buddy has permission to be on when it's available.. I'll be 38 this month and ride a KTM 350 XCF right now, though that may be changing in the near future. It's an unbelievable bike, I just have an urge to try out a 2 stroke. I'm not great and still pretty slow due to my lack of riding time but I hope to start getting out more regularly and possibly even do a few races this year..

Alright, well I look forward to being around and will hopefully get a chance to ride with some of you soon.. may be at taskers tomorrow

Tom
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Re: Newbie Intro

Post by Piledup »

DAMN Noob posted in the wrong section..lol
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:cheers:

Two smokes :deal:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:welcome:

and I moved it :lol2:

This is a tough crowd but wade on in!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I rode old air cooled four strokes for a long time, more dualsport stuff. But I finally bought an old KTM 300 smoker. For me was an awesome decision. I love the 2Ts! In some ways they are a little harder to ride but lots of us like the lighter weight bikes for tougher/gnarlier riding.

If you can put the time into, getting out to some races will really improve your skills (or you will die). I enjoy doing an enduro race or two a year. If you like speed, the harescrambles might be more up your alley.

Hope to see you out there riding at some point
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Piledup
DAMN n00b

Post by Piledup »

my main goal now is just to spend more time on a bike, whether its this one or the new 300 I've got my eye on... It's tough with taskers being my main place to play.. There has to be better places to go, and I won't lie, being a decent human being to all of you guys will hopefully, in time, earn me some invites to new areas. As well as some riding time with faster, better guys to work on my own skills..
2015 KTM 350 XCF
Madizm
DAMN Wanabe

Post by Madizm »

Welcome Piledup.

I'm relatively new here as well. Haven't met any of the members yet but look forward to in the near future.

Hearing there will be more ideas of places to ride once it warms up.... Taskers and Cove are frickin farrrrrr
2011 KTM 450 six days- parting out
2005 Honda CRF250f
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Piledup wrote: It's tough with taskers being my main place to play.. There has to be better places to go, and I won't lie, being a decent human being to all of you guys will hopefully, in time, earn me some invites to new areas.
Any of the guys on here w/ private property generally dont invite other people to come ride. Not so much bc they are dicks, but generally its such a small area to ride. Fine if you live right there and want to get a little practice for half an hour. But generally not worth someone else driving an hour (or more) to come play on two acres.

One member here does have 500+ acres out in western MD (well worth the drive). Several times a year he will graciously invite people to come out for a riding/camping weekend. DO NOT MISS. I work lots of weekends but I will often take leave just for it.

Many of us have our dirtbikes street legal. This opens up a few riding opportunities like going to dualsport events (Shennendoah500, DirtyDabbers, HammerRun, Michaux, etc...)
As well as enduro races (some which require you to have a tag).
Though some enduros are totally closed course and you dont need one. Harescrambles dont require one either.
We are doing a pretty kickazz 5 day dualsport ride around KY this summer. Probably not so ideal for a 300 smoker (if you get one). But your 350 would be a decent bike for that if you had a tag.

A lot of guys also will do riding trips throughout the year, we have done 3-5 day Hatfield McCoy trips, some guys did a December trip down to Brown and Brushey in NC. Some guys will do a week+ out west each year.

I will never complain about the MotoCove or Taskers but its nice to "mix it up" with other riding throughout the year.

I love dirtbike riding but having somewhere to ride is the achilles heel of the sport. You have to be willing to drive a couple hours to get somewhere...

Are you familiar w/ the MotoCove? Ill be heading out there later this month or early Feb for a day ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Don't be fooled by Tom's modest intro! He's fast and a good rider!
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

[quote="Bucho
One member here does have 500+ acres out in western MD (well worth the drive). Several times a year he will graciously invite people to come out for a riding/camping weekend. DO NOT MISS. I work lots of weekends but I will often take leave just for it.

Thanks for the kind words Bucho! I look forward to our spring camp & Ride!

We need to lead the rest of the DAMN clan through the new section! I'm not sure how many beside you know the new line!

525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.