I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 19-25, 2017

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Re: Kentucky Adventure Trail (KAT) June 2017

Post by BDMaha »

This sounds good to new guy but I would ride there. Larger adventure bikes could include 500 lb triumph 800xc, right? Anyone really thinking of sticking to the easier non single track routes? Would I be the only one? Most bikes I see her listed are a bunch of DAMN thimpers.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

BDMaha wrote:This sounds good to new guy but I would ride there.
Impressive. There are certainly a lot of good roads between here and there. Unfortunately time is the biggest struggle for me and riding there would turn a 7 day trip into a 9 day trip at least... Divorce is way too expensive....
BDMaha wrote: Larger adventure bikes could include 500 lb triumph 800xc, right?
IMHO that is a quint-essecential adventure bike. I don't get the 1200 (GS) or 1300 (KTM) fascination if getting the wheels dirty is the goal. But then again, the older I get the smaller my bikes are becoming....
BDMaha wrote: Anyone really thinking of sticking to the easier non single track routes? Would I be the only one? .
There is bound to be some guys; especially after the first couple days once they get their fill of "adventure"...
BDMaha wrote: Most bikes I see her listed are a bunch of DAMN thimpers.
Just my $0.02, throw your Tiger tag on the WR and ride the single track; you will have a lot more stories to tell when you get home....

But join us no matter what...
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Wut he said! Come on out, what's the worse thing that could happen? :jack:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Wingfixer wrote:Wut he said! Come on out, what's the worse thing that could happen? :jack:
Like Skinny-J said.... stories to tell :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

BDMaha wrote:This sounds good to new guy but I would ride there. Larger adventure bikes could include 500 lb triumph 800xc, right? Anyone really thinking of sticking to the easier non single track routes? Would I be the only one? Most bikes I see her listed are a bunch of DAMN thimpers.
We have a lot of interest on this ride. As it gets closer we will see who will actually commit to it. I think the majority are more interested in the "hard options" route. But there may be some other guys (or gals?) who may be very interested in the big bike route if they know someone else wants to do that as well.

I believe all (or most?) of us will be hauling our bikes down. But feel free to ride yours there and back. Like SkinnyJ mentioned, its hard enough to get 7 free days to do an awesome moto trip. Making a nice 2day route there and back would be cool. But now its a NINE day trip.
Sure you can bang it out easily in one day on the highway, but I've done that before on my 650 thumper. I don't have much interest in doing that again. (I'm sure your Triumph triple is infinitely more comfortable)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

To all yall in these last posts, thank you. I'm open to whatever bike I ride as I learn who I am on a bike. Certainly I'll get a better idea as the next few months worth of rides which bike I'd prefer. Honestly not sure im capable of days on end on my wrr. Last time I rode it in rocks, beat the shit out of me but I found out I had shock all adjusted wrong. Will see after Tuesday.

Hey I need help on this site. I have not been able to find enable email notifications. How I do Dat?
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

BDMaha wrote: Hey I need help on this site. I have not been able to find enable email notifications. How I do Dat?
At the bottom of the page there is a picture of a wrench, you can subscribe to the topic there
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

And yes I might elect to ride with the ladies if I go. But I'm definitely the type of guy to laugh in fun on any of those comments. Especially cause I DO know that on a dirt bike, I am a school girl bitch. L0l. I got on this forum to find dirt bike rides, and I do know that this forum is filled with real dirt bike riders. Not like myself. Yet I'm gonna learn from you. And I wanna ride all winter.
I'm 47 years old. Been riding dirt for 8 months, have very weak calve strength, weak hands, been riding rocks once, have a heightened sence of awareness, know how to read a line, and am very competitive.
Besides the ladies smell better
And if I do this hat ride on a heavy adv bike, riding gravel roads, I'll carry the beer
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR
beejaytee
aka Heather

Post by beejaytee »

I'll be putting PTO for this trip tomorrow. Looking forward to a multi day ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Ktm 500xcw
I work hard but live better.
BDMaha
DAMN Expert

Post by BDMaha »

Is there a trail map or maps for the KAT? How would I find info on the KAT; Google isn't helping.
2018 KTM 500 Exc-f
2017 Husky TX300
2016 Honda 500x RR