I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Which bike if you could only have one? The perfect fleet?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Roadracer_Al

Re: Which bike if you could only have one? The perfect fleet?

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Hmmm. That's a tough one. Just 5? At one point in my life I had 13 bikes concurrently...

Over the years, I've owned a HUGE variety of bikes, and there were a couple stand-out favorites, but all things considered, the bike I have is the bike I love to ride.

I have always had Jap bikes, with one excursion into Spanish territory with a Derbi GPR 50 with a 75cc kit. What a fucking hoot -- an indicated 63mph downhill in a full tuck, I felt like Max Fucking Biaggi on the last year of the 500s. You think you can ride a bike until you get on one of these things and they barely lean when you go around a corner at "crazy fast" speeds, you have to re-calibrate you head. It takes a hero to get a knee down on one.

I assume this is an "OK, so I just won the lottery" list. My list, subject to change:

** A sport touring bike, the new Concours 1400 looks tight, so does the BMW K1200, maybe a FJR 1300. Something big, fast, good wind protection, with luggage.

** An adventure touring bike, I'd start by looking at a KTM 990 Adventure. I hate BMW boxers, I always hit my shins. Maybe an 800 GS.

--- those two might actually be similar enough I could combine them.

** A sport bike/trackday bike, the GSXR 1000 is more or less a no-brainer for me, although I'd probably kill myself. I have nothing but respect for guys that can run in the low-teens at Summit on a big bike -- talk about throttle control. I'd be smarter to build an SV650 track bike, although I understand that the BMW R1200S is pretty hot shit, I could just wear tall boots. :thumbup:

** A city/commuter/hooligan bike, the DRZ is fun and all, but I'd like something faster - a street-legalized Honda XR650R would easily be my first choice, maybe a KTM 690 SMC, maybe if I'm feeling like a complete wild man, a plated Service Honda CR500 SuMo, just like this one.....

** A project bike. It has to be something unique, funky, entertaining, and preferably FAST. Lately, I've been thinking about building a euro-style racing side hack rig. Street legal, of course. The euro racing hacks are limited to 600ccs because they're so freakin' fast. Of course, mine would use a Hayabusa motor or something retarded like that.

And I'd like to keep/finish building my ZRX11/1200.
And, yes, a Ural would be cool too.
And an SV1000
And a Lead Wing
And more project bikes.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

** A project bike. It has to be something unique, funky, entertaining, and preferably FAST. Lately, I've been thinking about building a euro-style racing side hack rig. Street legal, of course. The euro racing hacks are limited to 600ccs because they're so freakin' fast. Of course, mine would use a Hayabusa motor or something retarded like that.
I have always wanted a street legal legends car. I figure that would be more dangerous and get me in more trouble than my DRZ. Can you imagine one (or your side car rig) up on Smoke Hole? :-o
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Louge wrote::<<< DRUMROLL >>>
queue up the band Paul Shaeffer
annnd the number one motorsickle if'n a man could only have one...
I don't know what I envy more, the Black Adventure, or a man who feels he has already found The One. Thumbs up, sir. :thumbup:

I have repeatedly cased the Orange 950 that is or was sitting in front of JT Motorsports on 355. They are/were asking a price I could not muster for now. One day.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Teethgrinder wrote:I have repeatedly cased the Orange 950 that is or was sitting in front of JT Motorsports on 355. They are/were asking a price I could not muster for now. One day.
I've been looking at that myself but also think they want too much for it.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

DAMNKLRRider wrote:
Teethgrinder wrote:I have repeatedly cased the Orange 950 that is or was sitting in front of JT Motorsports on 355. They are/were asking a price I could not muster for now. One day.
I've been looking at that myself but also think they want too much for it.
I know of a pristine 950 with 9k Miles with crash bars for under 10K in Ellicott City.... It's Greg's 950.. He hates to sell it - but he has a dep on a new smc690 motard.... If I had a clue he was going to sell it - I would have picked it up instead of the 990... I believe its got stiffer spring and the 16t sprocket - I can't be sure... His other job is a service counter at a KTM dealer - so any recall of little thing that MIGHT go wrong has been done to it.... IT's the bike he brought to the Wva run - when it was brand new....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthre ... =Adventure
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se