I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride - Sun May 4th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
vetteguy
DAMN n00b

Re: Green Ridge Dual Sport/Adventure Ride - Sun May 4th

Post by vetteguy »

Thanks for the info Patrick.
2002 XR400 (sold), 2007 KTM 450 exc
2001 XR200, 2004 Harley 1200R, 2004 CRF250X (son)
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

Post by YAMPOL »

Does anyone have an old route sheet or gps tracks of last years event that they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

YAMPOL

:roost:
Retired and loving it!
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

YAMPOL wrote:Does anyone have an old route sheet or gps tracks of last years event that they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

YAMPOL

PM me your e-mail address.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

YAMPOL wrote:Does anyone have an old route sheet or gps tracks of last years event that they would be willing to share?

Thanks,

YAMPOL

I havent gotten around to copying it yet.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I have tracks and the sheet itself. I have pics of the sheet but haven't typed it in yet.

Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

phoo wrote:I have tracks and the sheet itself. I have pics of the sheet but haven't typed it in yet.

Patrick
Does this include the tightrope walk across deep raging stream? :nono: (snorkel may come in handy) :screwy:
Wish everyone could have seen Patrick, you wouldn't believe what he pulled off! :bow:
Last edited by Bork on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

for your thoughtful consideration. isn't it worth supporting to show the community this is a good thing and they should embrace OHV rides? plus he donates proceeds to local charities, will you?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Kyler wrote:for your thoughtful consideration. isn't it worth supporting to show the community this is a good thing and they should embrace OHV rides? plus he donates proceeds to local charities, will you?
+1
Well said.
I you have never worked an event or taken on the task of organizing an event perhaps you should take a moment and think of all the riding opportunities you would not have if it was not for the efforts of people like those organizing this event.
I for one spend more time working events than I do getting to ride events.
Trials, hare scramble, enduro, dual sport and just public trail riding areas yet alone my private riding area.
Not trying to toot my horn or looking for a pat on the back, just pointing out that we have plenty of people that are on line pissing a fit when an event is not considered "epic" or a riding area is lost. If you enjoy riding in general you need to step up and support the efforts of guys like Ken or at a minimum show support with your wallet by attending the offered events.
OK, rant over.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Kyler wrote:for your thoughtful consideration. isn't it worth supporting to show the community this is a good thing and they should embrace OHV rides? plus he donates proceeds to local charities, will you?
To be fair, I did mention a number of times that if the money is donated that it's worth going just to give the donation and get the route chart for free, which is exactly why I did the event the first time around.

Thank you for clarifying that he does donate at least some of the money. He also clearly put a lot of time and energy into making the route and deserves compensation.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
JMK015
DAMN n00b

Post by JMK015 »

There isn't much info on their official site...

What time does the ride / breakfast start? Is it lead in a group, or do they just give you a map/tracks and you ride it on your own time? Thanks in advance for the info!

I'm definitely interested in attending this year!

If possible, could someone send me the GPX file or map from last year's ride, so I can see what I'm in for??