I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

S500 Oct 5-6

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Grreatdog
DAMN Wanabe

Re: S500 Oct 5-6

Post by Grreatdog »

+3 on saying thanks for leading us around for two days. The Sunday ride was perfect. All new to me roads, just long enough and got me home early enough to unpack and hose down the bike. Excellent work. Thanks again.

Thanks to all for letting me hang out and tag along.

KTM 640 LC4E
KTM EXC 525
XT200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

A big 2 day event and this is all the pics we get? :dirtdog:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Here you go. Great riding, so not a lot of picture taking. Too busy having fun!

Campfire from the first night, more people were there the second night.

Bucho and son on the sidehack.

My Dad and I at the top of a mountain on one of those roads that is usually only foot traffic but the gate was open.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice Pat.
Sure he is your dad?
Look at all that hair...what happened to you? :amazon:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho - how did Caleb do? Did he enjoy riding in the hack all day? and did the hack hold up?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

Ah leading..... not usually one of my favorite things to do, but I had a DAMN good bunch of followers that didnt complain. And the bonus is I didnt eat dust all weekend. After getting the watered down route at checkin friday night we considered some alternates. Ended up not doing the "official" route, but a slightly modified route from last year. Spent the weekend on the KLR as the GPS helped keep me on track. Reversed the "Unoffical" :angel: route and ended up riding by ourselves, passing some other riders just before the lunch stop. Did a somewhat street ride back both because I missed a turn, and there was one road closed to replace a bridge. Never got to watch Phill on the sidecar, but when we hit the rough stuff he had no problem keeping up. I was kinda tired after a week of riding, nearly 1K miles on the KLR, and a few people wanted to leave a bit early sunday so we hit the road before rider meeting and did most of an easy dirt loop southwest of the normal riding area. So for me it was a good week of vacation/dirt riding. Only downside is the 530 never left the campground. Thanks to everyone for tagging along.
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Sounds like a great time. I am not happy I wasn't able to partake in the festivities.

:thumbup: guys :thumbup:
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Kyler wrote:Bucho - how did Caleb do? Did he enjoy riding in the hack all day? and did the hack hold up?
Sorry to keep you waiting Ken. I'll give a longer report with pictures later. But the short story is that the hack did well and all your excellent wielding skills held up even though we were banging through a lot of stuff. With Caleb cheering at me to go faster I even got the whole rig completely airborne a few times. Nothing broke but I did have to tighten up a few bolts that had come loose.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:With Caleb cheering at me to go faster I even got the whole rig completely airborne a few times.
:loveit:

very good news! :rayof:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Another good year at the S500. I would have liked to have arrived earlier in the afternoon, but had to wait till Caleb got out of school. Stopped for dinner along the way and got into camp around 7. We went down to tech inspection and check right at dusk. (Caleb was pretty psyched to get a Tshirt)
Having a campsite right on the corner, there were lots of lost people coming having a hard time finding their campsites in the dark. I helped several people out including one lost guy who I stopped on his 2nd or 3rd time around. It turned out to be Paul and his campsite happened to be right next to mine.

I think this is from the first night. Not as large a group as in past years. Patrick's campfire turned out to be the nightly hang out spot.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200