I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

KTM 450 EXC 2007 Excellent Condition - $5995

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: KTM 450 EXC 2007 Excellent Condition - $5995

Post by Bucho »

The heated grips would definently be sweet. (I'm not joking. If I wasn't so lazy, my DR would have them.)
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

mdubya wrote:I would suggest contacting Harold at Ridersville too. He moves brand new bikes at heavy discounts at a pretty rapid pace.

I have ridden the 450's, the 525's, and the 560 SM. I personally think the 450 is a better bike in every way. The bigger bore bikes lay down almost too much torque.

I believe the KTMs went street legal in '07.
hmmm.. I am not sure ALL KTM's are street legal.. I thought that in terms of "Official" Street Legal use from the factory - it was only the 525 and 450 EXC were street legal, and barely at that... KTM realizes that sometimes you need to ride on the road to get betwen trails and threw the bare minimal stuff on it to make it legal... It was only 1 specific bike... Keep in mind that California that has one of the biggest D/S communties - and there is a huge crackdown going on keeping dirt bikes off the road.. (primarily two-strokes, but it applied to anything that doesn't come street legal from the factory)...

It used to be that because KTM didn't have the "not for street use" on the title - that as long as you thru the stuff at it - lights, horn, brake light - etc.. That you were good to go, it's NOT the case anymore...CA still hasn't it locked it down yet - it's not and probably won't be retroactive, ie once it's titled for the street you are good for as long as YOU own it... However, the next owner might not be so lucky... If you check KTMTalk - you will see a greater number of folks selling their conversions - as they want the $$ now.. These were made for folks who want S/L status and don't want to have any doubts...

That said, I know dealers will sell you just about any KTM and make it street legal and title it for you (as there is nothing preventing it) in this area... I doubt that we really have to worry about it for right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if things get tougher in the future... My SXC didn't come street legal - but it's been thru the DMV.. I am not worried as I plan on keeping it along time...

The only things that would concern me about buying used - is how well something it was taken care of... The RFS motors are awesome - but they require SERIOUS oil change maintenance - like after every weekend of riding... I change my SXC like every 1500 miles or so... It's a pain - but I don't ride it THAT much - just for hooligan like stuff... However, you have the KLR for that.... I understand that it's not hard to covert the 525 EXC to a kick ass motard - if that help :lol8:

I would check around - I am sure you can find a nice one for not too bad $$
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I thought that in terms of "Official" Street Legal use from the factory - it was only the 525 and 450 EXC were street legal
That is what I meant! :bandit:

BTW-buying with motard conversion in mind, there are many things to consider. If you are intending to ride on a real SM track, the 450 is by far the better choice. When we tested the 450 and 560 a couple of years ago, there was a line waiting to get on the 450's after the first round of rides. The 560's sat there lonely. I subsequently rode the 560 most of the day, even thought the 450 was 1000X easier and more fun to get around the track. If you are planning to run as a supermoto around a more RR style track or on the road the bigger bore bikes might be the way to go. But I personally would choose an LC 4 or the new 690 as a road/road race model. The RFS's are maintenance intensive and maybe not best used for the sustained high speeds and long miles of road riding or road racing. Not everyone agrees with me on this, but this is my finding. I would much rather ride my DRZ on the road than my Vertemati, regardless of how much fun the Vertemati might be for the first 15-20 minutes. :mrgreen:

All this just proves the RRob theory: you really need a dedecated bike for each type of riding you want to do. A dual sport, a dirt bike, a street SM, a race SM, a big bore something or other for long touring type rides, a scooter, etc......

Maybe that is not a realistic plan, but it gives us something to work towards.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Don't forget sidecar rigs...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

mdubya wrote:If you are planning to run as a supermoto around a more RR style track or on the road the bigger bore bikes might be the way to go. But I personally would choose an LC 4 or the new 690 as a road/road race model. The RFS's are maintenance intensive and maybe not best used for the sustained high speeds and long miles of road riding or road racing.
Racing is not part of my current or foreseeable vocabulary! :nono:
mdubya wrote:All this just proves the RRob theory: you really need a dedecated bike for each type of riding you want to do. A dual sport, a dirt bike, a street SM, a race SM, a big bore something or other for long touring type rides, a scooter, etc......
I'm subscribing to this theory. I'm thinking the stable should look like:

KLR685 - dual-sport touring
450EXC - dirt & light dual sport
Ural Gear-Up - balls out screaming fun! Maybe haul the Missus around too, okay, okay - fetch groceries as well! :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Don't forget sidecar rigs...
+1 :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

DAMNKLRRider wrote: Racing is not part of my current or foreseeable vocabulary!
If you go SuMo riding with Mdubya & RRob, that's close enough.

I always make sure to have a fresh oil change in the bike because I know it WILL get a merciless flogging. :whip: